Powered by Outside

Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 2:25 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Spindrift with dual crown.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/welcome-to-the-team-carson-storch/

Would be interesting to see how well the frame holds up to this kind of riding. They obviously won't tell us, but I'd like to know how many frames a freerider goes through each season.

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
Bikes are in the uk, should get a call from chiltern next week. To pay the brexit tax.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
I lost in the trail 2 days ago a bolt from my frame. I sent an Email to customer Service as long as i got home.I received today a reply with the exploding diagram in order to pick the exact part number so i can get the invoice and pay for it. 2 days response time !!!!! I have to say that i am impressed and happy that i chose this brand.

So yes they have an excellent customer support.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
It depends apparently. I had to wait a week on a reply and tried calling twice but gave up after waiting for about an hour.

Fox is apparently not being able to supply Propain at the moment (I believe main issue are the 29" 36/38/40), huge back log of people that have been told since Feb: "it will be there in two weeks". And they are still waiting.

So this is going to be a cancellation for me. Somebody with an initial PD of 22apr just got told that it will be even august. Link
But they know this, but will only inform you if you actively call them. And then sometimes you can swap parts to get it build.
But not giving an automated update when your initial PD is passing, while they know what is going in on is not the proper way. Also as this could be just an automated email, with an updated PD or monthly update, based on the latest info in their system. If you call they can see of every item if it is available or not, so the info is there.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
amonas wrote:
I lost in the trail 2 days ago a bolt from my frame. I sent an Email to customer Service as long as i got home.I received today a reply with the exploding diagram in order to pick the exact part number so i can get the invoice and pay for it. 2 days response time !!!!! I have to say that i am impressed and happy that i chose this brand.

So yes they have an excellent customer support.

Im glad you have had a good experience . I have not. They have really poor communication and are not proactive in helping you.
Im only not cancelling as my bike is now in the uk. My bike was built in March and its taken over 6 weeks to ship. Il never buy another propain. They need to have a look at them selves really.Ive lost any excitement for this bike. Actually tried to price up a new megatower , which is almost identical geometry and came really close to cancelling. Il post some pics when its built.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
It depends apparently. I had to wait a week on a reply and tried calling twice but gave up after waiting for about an hour.

Fox is apparently not being able to supply Propain at the moment (I believe main issue are the 29" 36/38/40), huge back log of people that have been told since Feb: "it will be there in two weeks". And they are still waiting.

So this is going to be a cancellation for me. Somebody with an initial PD of 22apr just got told that it will be even august. Link
But they know this, but will only inform you if you actively call them. And then sometimes you can swap parts to get it build.
But not giving an automated update when your initial PD is passing, while they know what is going in on is not the proper way. Also as this could be just an automated email, with an updated PD or monthly update, based on the latest info in their system. If you call they can see of every item if it is available or not, so the info is there.

They can send without parts i think and you can source your own. Or just get the frameswt maybe.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

They can send without parts i think and you can source your own. Or just get the frameswt maybe.

They refuse that because, of what I have read on those forums, of liability issues of shipping incomplete bikes that are not properly assembled....but at the same time they do sell frame set to build up yourself... It makes no sense to me.
Cancelling your complete bike order and order frameset, puts you back in the end of the waiting line..

The german webshops do have the 38 for example. The guy I linked to is considering changing to a lyrik and buying a fox aftermarket, but the price difference in configurator is way less then what you get if you sell the lyrik on ebay en get a new Fox. Foxes are so expense as aftermarket parts. So then you have to fork out maybe another 500-700e just to fix it your self. That is quite some money...

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:

In theory you are totally right BUT you are describing the perfect Information System which in practice does not exist.I also had an issue with that and i sent them an email about it. They took care of that issue right away.My issue was that they shipped the frame to me without the chainguide because it was not available.There was a note inside that it would be shipped to me when they had it again.

So i wrote a lengthy email stating that they should upgrade their procedures and bla bla bla. I told them that i had prepaid and preordered the frame and that the chainguide was available at the time of the order. When the time came to ship the frame, they had the chaiguide no more. So i told them that all paid items should be kept and not be used for other builds.

They refund me the money right away and they were very polite. I guess we have to have a little more patience untill this whole situation gets better. In the end it is our hobby and we should enjoy and not stress ourselves about it.

PS: it is a GREAT bike with unparalleled pedaling performance.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

They refuse that because, of what I have read on those forums, of liability issues of shipping incomplete bikes that are not properly assembled....but at the same time they do sell frame set to build up yourself... It makes no sense to me.
Cancelling your complete bike order and order frameset, puts you back in the end of the waiting line..

The german webshops do have the 38 for example. The guy I linked to is considering changing to a lyrik and buying a fox aftermarket, but the price difference in configurator is way less then what you get if you sell the lyrik on ebay en get a new Fox. Foxes are so expense as aftermarket parts. So then you have to fork out maybe another 500-700e just to fix it your self. That is quite some money...

Been reading some comments on facebook , that propain has been offering alternative parts for bikes to get them early. Did you get an email?

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:

Been reading some comments on facebook , that propain has been offering alternative parts for bikes to get them early. Did you get an email?

I got an email saying they are processing my cancellation. Smile

I keep riding my Tyee this season. And just ordered a replacement for the DH bike. Original plan was that SD would be a do it all bike. I will reconsider in the autumn.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 2:53 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

I got an email saying they are processing my cancellation. Smile

I keep riding my Tyee this season. And just ordered a replacement for the DH bike. Original plan was that SD would be a do it all bike. I will reconsider in the autumn.

Think there getting lots of cancellations now. I was close . Even though still dont exactly know where my bike is

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 12:54 Quote
Fresh out the box . Ordered September 2021.

<Deleted photo>

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:

<Deleted photo>
Cool! Enjoy the season!

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 15:27 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:

<Deleted photo>
Cool! Enjoy the season!

Sorry you had to cancel yours mate. Il let you know how it rides.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 17:07 Quote
I'm not too bummed out by it. I have a Tyee, would be cool to change it, but also really happy with that bike.

Now I just have an excuse to replace the DH bike with something else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012400
Mobile Version of Website