Powered by Outside

Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 4:46 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Fresh out the box . Ordered September 2021.

<Deleted photo>

Soooo beautiful !!! i hope that the rear shock doesn't fail you....
This bike needs a really good rear shock in order to shine.

PS: if i were you i would check the frame bolt tension before every ride for at least the first month of riding...just saying.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
amonas wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:

<Deleted photo>

PS: if i were you i would check the frame bolt tension before every ride for at least the first month of riding...just saying.

I torqued them all as i built it. A few were under , which i prefer, means they werent put on to tight and stressed the bolts.
Il give the shock a chance. Waiting on my easy frame kit from germany before riding it .

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
amonas wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:

<Deleted photo>

I torqued them all as i built it. A few were under , which i prefer, means they werent put on to tight and stressed the bolts.
Il give the shock a chance. Waiting on my easy frame kit from germany before riding it .

As long as the bushings are smooth, that shock will run just fine. In case of doubt replace for some aftermarket bushings. Current day shocks are all definitely ride-able. The time of deadly pogo springs with clickers that dont have any noticeable influence is in the past. The top offerings offer a bit of refinement and some extra adjust-ability, but if it absolutely worth the money, that is more like an opinion than a fact. Wink

But yeah...I got Fox factory stuff, because of you know: extra clickers. Redface

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
Does is bother anyone else that Propain is sponsoring new riders with salaries and bikes, spending on media, while not delivering bikes to customers that paid in full 6 months ago??!!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 23:39 Quote
bicyclemech1 wrote:
Does is bother anyone else that Propain is sponsoring new riders with salaries and bikes, spending on media, while not delivering bikes to customers that paid in full 6 months ago??!!

What can they do if the parts aren't coming in? They can't just throw money at the problem, that's not going to speed up production.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 2:33 Quote
bicyclemech1 wrote:

The problem isn’t they cant afford to deliver your bike to you. The problem is the dates they have on the website are estimates at best because part suppliers are struggling with demand.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 3:47 Quote
bicyclemech1 wrote:

Nope not at all. I did cancel my order, but that was because if I wouldn't get the bike prior to the start of season, I was better of with another set-up.

The problems lies more with Fox, in Lourdes they (Jordy) mentioned that even some of the riders are still on their old foxes. RS equipped Propain bikes are being build up and some even delivered ahead of time.

And that seems the main reason for people cancelling, so in that respect Propain is getting the bad rep because of Fox's delivery issues. But this is also not something Fox wants, but they are in turn probably getting screwed with all kind of supply/production issues in asia due to covid and still ongoing restrictions and partial lockdowns.

But I do think Propain should communicate better. After many people were debating cancelling the order in the german forum, and the supposed Fox deliveries were going to July-aug, they finally send out a mail, but still thin on info. But currently the option for a delivery with a temporary fork is on the table, so you get a ZEB to ride and when the Fox delivery comes in you can swap it for the F38. Wonder how that pans out.

Wouldn't have been an option for me, so still happy with my cancellation.

EDIT: I actually like it if brands have teams. Those are needed to keep the field stacked, also for Enduro, which is good for the sport in general. Bigger competitions lead to more mainstream attention and more development of MTB tourism and trails. And it increases the chance that bikes are evolving better with feedback from the riders and it is a good test pool for durability testing as well.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 11:22 Quote
bicyclemech1 wrote:
When i was waiting on my bike , yes it did bother me. I waited about 10 months in total. Numerous heated exchanges . Bike looks good , time will tell if its good. Not actually rode it yet. Left for holiday day after i got it.
Propain have the communication skills of a shoe . They might not have the parts, so while there waiting they can practice communication skills.
Its been a painful experience.
I will say though the bike looks gorgeous and does put a smile on my face just looking at it .

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
I have been soap boxing my opinions quite a bit, as I have not ordered a bike yet.
I really hope to soon.
I am looking forward to riding on huge travel, in a great working and rideable design, with an amazing pick of lightweight and durable components, adding up to 30-31lbs of fantastic bike.

I am ready to spend $10k (probably more) on the bike.

What I refuse to do is send them $10k +, and wait for 10 months, hear next to nothing from them, and watch Carson Storch videos of him riding the bike that I have already paid for.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
So Propain put out a statement regarding the situation just discussed:
https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/update-on-the-current-situation/?noredirect=en-GB
I appreciate the honesty.
Maybe time to not offer so much customisation and have standardised bikes . Then you can manage stock easier. I think folk would still biy them.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
They lose a big advantage if they cut the customisation. One of the deciding factors when i was buying Propain was that i could get top level suspension while keeping other things basic to cut the cost.
If you remove that, other DTC brands become more appealing since they ALL offer better value component wise than Propain

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
Anyone got good ideas for a downtube protector?

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 5:52 Quote
the one that comes preinstalled is enough. Just use a protective film/tape for the rest of the downtube.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 12:28 Quote
Ordered easy frame kit . That will go on this week. Also il put a mudhugger on the front as well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018636
Mobile Version of Website