wat is the best drink to get you pumped before riding

PB Forum :: Downhill
wat is the best drink to get you pumped before riding
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
Kokanee...Beer

Hells yeah! Not to many though hahaha.

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
tescos do a chaep energy drink called kick i think its amazing to drink before riding.
just because of the cost 42p for a can cant go wrong!

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
breakfast bombs maple sryup and milk soo good

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:09 Quote
dun drink sugary drinks.
Sugar straight messes with your body chemistry, and once its gone, you're ruined for the rest of the day.

Wake up, eat something like pasta, some protein, warm up and stretch, drink gatorade if you want, but I prefer a powder water additive called endura that doesnt have much dugar in it, it really does help prevent exhaustion and muscle cramps.
have caffeine AFTER a ride, it rejuvenates your muscle glucogen, helping you have more energy for next time.

For the kid who improved his time by 7 seconds on gatorade, I'd believe it if he was dehydrating or cramping otherwise.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
Ozchuck wrote:
dun drink sugary drinks.
Sugar straight messes with your body chemistry, and once its gone, you're ruined for the rest of the day.

Wake up, eat something like pasta, some protein, warm up and stretch, drink gatorade if you want, but I prefer a powder water additive called endura that doesnt have much dugar in it, it really does help prevent exhaustion and muscle cramps.
have caffeine AFTER a ride, it rejuvenates your muscle glucogen, helping you have more energy for next time.

For the kid who improved his time by 7 seconds on gatorade, I'd believe it if he was dehydrating or cramping otherwise.

Whats great to get you through the day is a 50/50 water, gatorade mix. Thats what i drink whenever i ride. I find Gatorade doesn't help with the thirst as much as water does, and a mix of the 2 helps alot with electrolytes and hydration.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
double wrote:
Ozchuck wrote:
dun drink sugary drinks.

Whats great to get you through the day is a 50/50 water, gatorade mix. Thats what i drink whenever i ride. I find Gatorade doesn't help with the thirst as much as water does, and a mix of the 2 helps alot with electrolytes and hydration.

gatorade makes me get cramps when i'm riding real hard. although, i'd be tired and drink, since gatorade dosent really quench my thirst unlike water.... i drink more and more, then i get cramps Frown

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
wake up eat somethin with lots of protein, like a steak and egg sandwich, while drinkin a ton of water. Right before the ride drink some gatorade. Mid-ride eat a payday or a snickers and drink a small redbull. then after the ride more water and some food with some sodium in it.

Has anyone tried adding a pinch of salt in there camelbak? I read somewhere that its essential to keeping you hydrated.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
wake up and drink half a pot of coffee
down a couple advils in preparation for some gnarly bails
shotgun 3 cans of red rave/rockstar
drink a beer
then go ride
and then throughout the day drink some gatorade and mountain dew obviously(the extremest of the extreme drinks)

that's usually what my riding day looks like
mixed in with more caffeine though...

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
Water is the true best, it hydrates you well and is exactly what your body is built to run on. however there are alternatives
like.....
-vitamin water,
-gatorade,
-powerade,
and
-monster

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
wake up and drink half a pot of coffee
down a couple advils in preparation for some gnarly bails
shotgun 3 cans of red rave/rockstar
drink a beer
then go ride
and then throughout the day drink some gatorade and mountain dew obviously(the extremest of the extreme drinks)

that's usually what my riding day looks like
mixed in with more caffeine though...

...sure sounds like a healthy mix to me... Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010726
Mobile Version of Website