Powered by Outside

How to strip, raw, paint, and coat your bike!

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to strip, raw, paint, and coat your bike!
Posted: May 20, 2017 at 3:47 Quote
Ajarm19 wrote:
Hey everyone I am undergoing the task of striping my bikes paint but I want to keep the logos on. I have searched for decals but unfortunately I have not been able to find any. I am thinking about painting them on myself. I think that before I strip all the paint off of my bike that I will use a razor to outline the logo to the best of my ability. My goal would be to as lightly as possible scratch the outline through the paint and into the frame so after I take the paint off it's still there. After that I would have to tape off the parts of the bike I don't want painted and spray over the tape to get the final product. Has anyone tried this? Are there any objections to this method? Please give me some input if you have any. Thanks!

I am far from a proffesional painter of any sort but I wouldnt do that, your best bet would be to just find a photo (or take one) of the logos and get the measurements for them (height and width). Then draw or cut around the outside of the logos so you are left with just the decal in the end. Edit the logo to whatever colour you want and then look around and ask someone with a vinyl cutter if they can cut the logos for you then stick them on your frame.

Or you could kindly ask someone on the photoshop thread on here to do that for you if you dont know how or dont have any editting programs. Theyre my suggestions anyway but I would not use a razor to mark the frame.

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 6:11 Quote
stotty1594 wrote:
Ajarm19 wrote:
Hey everyone I am undergoing the task of striping my bikes paint but I want to keep the logos on. I have searched for decals but unfortunately I have not been able to find any. I am thinking about painting them on myself. I think that before I strip all the paint off of my bike that I will use a razor to outline the logo to the best of my ability. My goal would be to as lightly as possible scratch the outline through the paint and into the frame so after I take the paint off it's still there. After that I would have to tape off the parts of the bike I don't want painted and spray over the tape to get the final product. Has anyone tried this? Are there any objections to this method? Please give me some input if you have any. Thanks!

I am far from a proffesional painter of any sort but I wouldnt do that, your best bet would be to just find a photo (or take one) of the logos and get the measurements for them (height and width). Then draw or cut around the outside of the logos so you are left with just the decal in the end. Edit the logo to whatever colour you want and then look around and ask someone with a vinyl cutter if they can cut the logos for you then stick them on your frame.

Or you could kindly ask someone on the photoshop thread on here to do that for you if you dont know how or dont have any editting programs. Theyre my suggestions anyway but I would not use a razor to mark the frame.

I agree I've changed my mind instead I think I'm going to get custom decals made and than put a clear coat over them

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008675
Mobile Version of Website