Powered by Outside

Riders from the bradford / leeds area

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Riders from the bradford / leeds area
Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 13:01 Quote
ye we road one of that you had cleared as it used to be a mint little run till it got over grown now it's mint and fast again can rag down without touching brakes haha Salute good job dude

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 13:05 Quote
Did you actually go up today? weather was pritty horific earlyer in leeds, and was told it was bad here thats the only reason i didn't go as i thought it would be a bog :-(

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 13:13 Quote
harbinger1o1 wrote:
Did you actually go up today? weather was pritty horific earlyer in leeds, and was told it was bad here thats the only reason i didn't go as i thought it would be a bog :-(
ye was up there all day was soo loose haha was a laugh bita rain never hurt anyone thought it would be a laugh haha

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 14:22 Quote
fooooooookit wish i had come up!!!! balls balls balls.next time :-)

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
harbinger1o1 wrote:
fooooooookit wish i had come up!!!! balls balls balls.next time :-)
haha ye will post up on hear again next time were up there Wink

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
jakecrabtree wrote:
ye we road one of that you had cleared as it used to be a mint little run till it got over grown now it's mint and fast again can rag down without touching brakes haha Salute good job dude

Cheers Jake. Great to hear you're using it! Big Grin We want to do the next track along; that's a good run too and longer. Hope we can get some riders along!

Just posted this on the FoBM Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Baildon-Moor/147895425227229

Next Bracken clearing date Tuesday Aug 16th
Can we meet 6:45PM Tuesday Aug 16th next week, weather permitting, at the lay-by on Glovershaw Rd near the quarry?
We aim to tackle the track that drops off to the west from the hawthorn tree on the Crook Farm Rd. This is just south of the track we did a few weeks ago. It is longer than that one and evenings are shorter, so I hope we can get a good turnout to get it done.

Hand clearing will be important as the new strimmer machine is rather feeble.
The lightly armed are essential to clear the cuttings away for the second pass. Do bring some gloves.
We will need to clear the path to about 1m either side; pile & compost the cuttings from the denser areas, then cut the stubble and new/low growth to ground level. The path surface should be clear and visible for users.

Hope to see you there!

David

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 14:52 Quote
i hope you guys dont see this as spamming. i do read these forums and im a local rider even tho i dont put much input in to this thread. but i would prefer a local sale

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/916252/

thankyou
ant

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 3:26 Quote
now then people great turn out last sunday at the ilkley race i am off up again tomorrow after work i finish at 2 o clock so will be up there for around 3 half 3 ish so let us know either on here or one of the facebook pages Big Grin

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
Hi guys, new to biking... where is a good place to start off?

sorry to clarify im from burley in wharfedale

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 10:17 Quote
davethomas wrote:
there are quite a few places depending what you ride, what bike do you have?

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 at 1:40 Quote
now then people few off us off to ilkley moor today if anybobdy is up for it we will be up there pretty much all day so get ya sens up !! Smile

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 1:10 Quote
curly-haired-invader wrote:
davethomas wrote:
there are quite a few places depending what you ride, what bike do you have?

Hi mate, havent bought one yet, looking around. Just wondered as im based in Bradford?

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 3:22 Quote
there is everything from some pretty good downhill trails, to freeride type jumps, to proper dirt jumps as well as some really good xc/trail loops aswell.. what type of riding you planning on doing?

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
curly-haired-invader wrote:
there is everything from some pretty good downhill trails, to freeride type jumps, to proper dirt jumps as well as some really good xc/trail loops aswell.. what type of riding you planning on doing?

please tell me where the propper dirt jumps are tom Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012352
Mobile Version of Website