Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 3:58 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Shock bolt torque , anyone got any ideas. Not in the manual. Sounds a bit creaky , want to regrease everything .
it is missing in the exploded diagram of the spindrift, but in the exploded diagram of the Tyee it says 18Nm...so draw you own conclusions. Smile

Propain have said 8nm. Which was lower than expected

Interesting. I would expect more to.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 4:04 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

it is missing in the exploded diagram of the spindrift, but in the exploded diagram of the Tyee it says 18Nm...so draw you own conclusions. Smile

Propain have said 8nm. Which was lower than expected

Interesting. I would expect more to.

They just emailed back and said 18nm

Just as well i didnt do it yet and go for a ride

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 5:37 Quote
Dropped a spacer on the stem 5mm. Feels better weighted at the front now.

Im running the zen at 70 psi 7 clicks from slow on rebound. I click of hsc and 2 clicks lsc.

Coil 2 clicks hsc , 4 clicks from slow and anout 28/30 % sag
Thats about 2.5 turns of preload on the spring

Im around 91-92 kg fully kitted up.

Anyone got any input on some things to try. Front feels a bit harsh , coil is feeling better .

Running 21 psi front tyre and 23 psi rear with rimpact inserts

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:

Im running the zen at 70 psi 7 clicks from slow on rebound. I click of hsc and 2 clicks lsc.

Anyone got any input on some things to try. Front feels a bit harsh , coil is feeling better .

I found the front end abit harsh with the Zeb's and run a shock Wiz for two days in finale and basically had the fork set up way to stiff for what I thought. After some fettling with the settings according to the shockwiz it feels better now. I would also be interested to try some for these buttercups from rs as they are ment to take out some of the harshness although you do have to buy the charger 3 damper assembly and the debon air shaft with the buttercup attached.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 0:37 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:

I`m about 90kg kitted. I found the zeb too harsh on the recommended pressure settings.
Currently running 62 psi (20% sag), hsc/lsc fully open, rebound 7 clicks from slow.
Runs smooth this way with plenty support and bottom out resistance.

Unfortunately my charger damper is blown so waiting for a replacement.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 2:52 Quote
I got question.
I want to build Spindrift with Shimano derailleur.
So I will buy a Frameset but I know the hanger is SRAM UDH(by default) , the question is:
Will this do the job
https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/product/parts/spareparts/hangers/derailleur-hanger-propain-hd-incl-nut/ ?

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
Cactusus wrote:
I got question.
I want to build Spindrift with Shimano derailleur.
So I will buy a Frameset but I know the hanger is SRAM UDH(by default) , the question is:
Will this do the job
https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/product/parts/spareparts/hangers/derailleur-hanger-propain-hd-incl-nut/ ?

SRAM UDH(universal derailleur hanger) is a hanger which more and more bike manufacturers use on their bikes.
The idea is that when all bikes use the same derailleur hanger it`s a piece of cake to find a replacement in case it breaks.

A Sram UDH accepts all brand of derailleurs. A Shimano derailleur bolts straight on and there is no need to buy a different hanger.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
twenty4chris wrote:

SRAM UDH(universal derailleur hanger) is a hanger which more and more bike manufacturers use on their bikes.
The idea is that when all bikes use the same derailleur hanger it`s a piece of cake to find a replacement in case it breaks.

A Sram UDH accepts all brand of derailleurs. A Shimano derailleur bolts straight on and there is no need to buy a different hanger.

Oh i didnt know that. Thank you for the information, in that case i can order the frameset and use my Shimano Smile

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
Bearing press

Anyone recommend a bearing press for the spindrift AL?

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Bearing press

I used the enduro bearing press to change my frame bearings a few weeks ago, worked a treat. A bit pricey but I borrowed it from work so all good. Unior tools make a pretty decent one too with a quick release on it so you don't have to wond the thing in and out all the time. Not sure on price but have used it in the past and also works great.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Bearing press

I used the enduro bearing press to change my frame bearings a few weeks ago, worked a treat. A bit pricey but I borrowed it from work so all good. Unior tools make a pretty decent one too with a quick release on it so you don't have to wond the thing in and out all the time. Not sure on price but have used it in the past and also works great.

Cheers. Ive got a few little ebay presses , but want a proper kit

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 2:09 Quote
I'd like to have some feedback from those who transformed the 29" to mullet simply swapping the rear wheel with a 27.5".
Feelings, feedback, inputs?

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
fontafox wrote:
I'd like to have some feedback from those who transformed the 29" to mullet simply swapping the rear wheel with a 27.5".
Feelings, feedback, inputs?
Im interested in this as well. I have plenty of wheels i can try it with. But i have 180mm forks

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 23:37 Quote
My new bike was stolen last night.
Please anyone keep an eye out for any for sale

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 0:56 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
My new bike was stolen last night.
Please anyone keep an eye out for any for sale

Shit! Sorry to hear that, any details? Pic? Was house broken into? Location

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011186
Mobile Version of Website