dellow wrote:
except personaly i dont think flatlines should be set up with single crown
unless you're racing I don't think theres any need for fual crown

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 22:43 Quote
roflbikerollrollroll wrote:
dellow wrote:
unless you're racing I don't think theres any need for fual crown
well i just like the feel feels stronger and i like the front of my bike to sit higher in the front as well

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 0:07 Quote
dellow wrote:
no that would look gayyyyy

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 0:07 Quote
Yeah, Lifecycles is where I got my Slayer, Harv gave me a killer deal on it at the time.

I find them to be one of the best bike shops around, IMO, although I have heard people say otherwise, I never had issue with them, they're a good shop. Although I haven't even been in since they opened up next to the highway, so that's a couple years now I think; I'm way out of Abby these days.

I've been into Kamloops pretty regularly, Spoke n Motion seems not too shabby, nice guys at the shop and whatnot, but seems like more than I want to pay for a lot of stuff there. We'll see at season's end, I think.

I hate how every time I buy a bike, I tell myself "I'll never have to buy another bike, this bike is so nice I'll have it forever" but I keep needing bigger and heavier LOL. Ah well, progressive riding I guess. I'm still happy with the Slayer, it hacks what I throw at it for the most part, and I haven't blown out that little Fox Float just yet!

PS - I just remembered that I DID break the Chainstay on it (just like EVERYONE ELSE who bought an 03 Slayer) coming down Amy Fisher I think it was - but good on Rocky to replace it no charge, obviously. Other than the odd flat and a ripped/cut brakeline, the Bike has been solid. That's why even though I like the Stinky's, I don't think I'll ever buy anything that doesn't say "Rocky Mountain" on it. Buy local, right? Wink

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
iamnotnedflanders wrote:
Yeah, Lifecycles is where I got my Slayer, Harv gave me a killer deal on it at the time.

I find them to be one of the best bike shops around, IMO, although I have heard people say otherwise, I never had issue with them, they're a good shop. Although I haven't even been in since they opened up next to the highway, so that's a couple years now I think; I'm way out of Abby these days.

I've been into Kamloops pretty regularly, Spoke n Motion seems not too shabby, nice guys at the shop and whatnot, but seems like more than I want to pay for a lot of stuff there. We'll see at season's end, I think.

I hate how every time I buy a bike, I tell myself "I'll never have to buy another bike, this bike is so nice I'll have it forever" but I keep needing bigger and heavier LOL. Ah well, progressive riding I guess. I'm still happy with the Slayer, it hacks what I throw at it for the most part, and I haven't blown out that little Fox Float just yet!

PS - I just remembered that I DID break the Chainstay on it (just like EVERYONE ELSE who bought an 03 Slayer) coming down Amy Fisher I think it was - but good on Rocky to replace it no charge, obviously. Other than the odd flat and a ripped/cut brakeline, the Bike has been solid. That's why even though I like the Stinky's, I don't think I'll ever buy anything that doesn't say "Rocky Mountain" on it. Buy local, right? Wink
well if it'a buying local, buy Cove, super nice bikes, one of the only companies stiLL making their bikes in canada, and you can't help getting a laugh out of the names lol

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
roflbikerollrollroll wrote:
iamnotnedflanders wrote:

well if it'a buying local, buy Cove, super nice bikes, one of the only companies stiLL making their bikes in canada, and you can't help getting a laugh out of the names lol
i like the G-Spot, and Hand job

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
redbull24 wrote:
dellow wrote:
Why would that look gay?
http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+Flat_Line_2.html?BIKE=38&Y=2008#2
Looks pretty good to me

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
kylespringman wrote:
redbull24 wrote:
dellow wrote:
Why would that look gay?
http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+Flat_Line_2.html?BIKE=38&Y=2008#2
Looks pretty good to me
just because when i think of flatline i think big BEASTY take anything bike i meen the tubes they use to construct that thing are huge but thats just what i think of the bike i think if your gona run a single crown on a flatline you should ahve gotten the slayer witch is meant for one and is a fickin amazing fr bike

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
the flatline sucks, ive bottomed one out dropping off a curb, the rear wheel hits the seat even on slight compression, it may look like a nice bike but it honestly sucks, rocky mountain makes great bikes except the flatline.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
XxbrennanxX wrote:
the flatline sucks, ive bottomed one out dropping off a curb, the rear wheel hits the seat even on slight compression, it may look like a nice bike but it honestly sucks, rocky mountain makes great bikes except the flatline.
ya you have run the seats really far forward and decent hight or have a really stiff spring on the flatlines and fr slayers

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
Flatlines FTW if u have em set up right...buddy rented brand new 09 one opening day at whistgnar and i rode it for few runs and it was mighty smooth

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
rippytheg4tor wrote:
Flatlines FTW if u have em set up right...buddy rented brand new 09 one opening day at whistgnar and i rode it for few runs and it was mighty smooth
ya rm makes one the smoothest bikes out there if set up right i think even smooth then the demo the demo feel really spongy to me and the rm feel just like you float on a chushion of air felling nothing

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
ya i have an RMX that i got custom built shocks for my weight and riding style and it feels amazing....demos dont feel all that bad if your a bigger rider like i am but its all preference right

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
dellbow why are you just agreeing with everybody?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012232
Mobile Version of Website