Powered by Outside

The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
Best red hardtail for years

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Front end is way to high for a kids bike. Like riding a commuter. Needs to shorten the travel. Bars should not be that far above the saddle.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Front end is way to high for a kids bike. Like riding a commuter. Needs to shorten the travel. Bars should not be that far above the saddle.

It's possible that the dropper is pushed in a bit for looks, but who knows.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:

Looks like it's over-forked, so I'd have to agree. Still looks killer.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:

Looks like a small frame given the saddle size

Hadn't looked at it as if I were to ride it hmmm

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
He gave some info about the build ... "Wheelset + transmission + fork come from a good old 26" bike. Frame is originally for 27.5" with a 150mm fork. But with a 160mm fork + 150mm crank arms, 26" wheels work pretty well."....

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

I think bikes should fit the rider. Kids bikes are very hard as stack height can get out of control very fast. Take a look at the kids bike I built for my nephew. 26 wheels 100mm fork. Worked great til he grew out of it in like 2 months! It's in my insta feed a like 4 photos back.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
This is the reason I went with a size small 27.5 for my 12 year old. He outgrew the 24" fast, didn't want to repeat again with a 26. The small fits him really well with the bigger wheels, and we should get 2 years out of it at least, depending on how much he grows.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

I think bikes should fit the rider. Kids bikes are very hard as stack height can get out of control very fast. Take a look at the kids bike I built for my nephew. 26 wheels 100mm fork. Worked great til he grew out of it in like 2 months! It's in my insta feed a like 4 photos back.

tup

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
Notbn wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Jeff Kendall-Weed

https://youtu.be/J2DXEzuM4DE

Nice riding

Great rider, but holy crap that trust and massive front fender look awful. At the end there’s shots of the bike with a rear fender too. Yikes.
I do not disagree

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 4:52 Quote
is jkw not riding for ibis any more?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
funkzander wrote:
is jkw not riding for ibis any more?

Watch the video, he covers that at the very start

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
ok then i have to rewatch. i watched it on mute as my 8month old was asleep.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026473
Mobile Version of Website