Powered by Outside

single crowns for dh racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
single crowns for dh racing
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
marquis wrote:
JamesJozef wrote:
And how many events has an RC3, the 888 wou were arguing for, won?

Hey man wrong place and time,you were proofed wrong just let it go.

In no way. I was a big fan of RC2X as I stated in the other thread, and never said anything bad about it. I almost bought a 2007 RC2X WC instead of a boxxer. However, since RC3 happened, the 888 has been a garbage race fork. I could, by your logic say, "hey, a 2009 boxxer won before the 2011 fox 40, so it must be better." However, now that you have resorted to such logic, I'll stop as there is nothing without marzocchi written on it that will ever please you.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
JamesJozef wrote:
marquis wrote:
JamesJozef wrote:
And how many events has an RC3, the 888 wou were arguing for, won?

In no way. I was a big fan of RC2X as I stated in the other thread, and never said anything bad about it. I almost bought a 2007 RC2X WC instead of a boxxer. However, since RC3 happened, the 888 has been a garbage race fork. I could, by your logic say, "hey, a 2009 boxxer won before the 2011 fox 40, so it must be better." However, now that you have resorted to such logic, I'll stop as there is nothing without marzocchi written on it that will ever please you.

That is simply not the case,i have tried to look at other viable alternatives but they just didn't cut it for me,i,e a fox 40 needs servicing every 40 hours or so to keep it in pristine working order i wanna ride my bike not faff servicing every other week,i bought the totem based on good reviews but i wish that the reviews were unbiased and let you know that there are minor niggles,for me the damping on the marzocchi line isn't any better or worse than that of the totem.

I have never tried a boxxer so would not try and tell you it is a bad fork because i have no place to do so.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:36 Quote
marquis wrote:
JamesJozef wrote:
marquis wrote:

That is simply not the case,i have tried to look at other viable alternatives but they just didn't cut it for me,i,e a fox 40 needs servicing every 40 hours or so to keep it in pristine working order i wanna ride my bike not faff servicing every other week,i bought the totem based on good reviews but i wish that the reviews were unbiased and let you know that there are minor niggles,for me the damping on the marzocchi line isn't any better or worse than that of the totem.

I have never tried a boxxer so would not try and tell you it is a bad fork because i have no place to do so.
I traded my 2008 Totem Coil with hispeed and lospeed compression for a 2007 888 vf(no adjustment) because the totems feel like crap. They were so loose and dived like no other fork I've ever ridden. I will never run a rockshox fork ever again

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:38 Quote
just wondering whats the best year for 888s

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:39 Quote
Tyler-49 wrote:
just wondering whats the best year for 888s

2007 and 2010 at a guess.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
burkemtnrider wrote:
marquis wrote:
JamesJozef wrote:

I traded my 2008 Totem Coil with hispeed and lospeed compression for a 2007 888 vf(no adjustment) because the totems feel like crap. They were so loose and dived like no other fork I've ever ridden. I will never run a rockshox fork ever again

if they dived badly, you should have turned up the compression damping?

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
i have an 06 and i love it but anythings better than my old fork a blow 120mm mantue

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:42 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
burkemtnrider wrote:
marquis wrote:

They then didn't get the feeling I would want for DH racing....I want a fork that is really sensitive on the small bumps and on the big hits ramp up, the fork would either be too hard making it unstable or would dive and not being able to take anything over 4 feet without bottoming.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
Tyler-49 wrote:
i have an 06 and i love it but anythings better than my old fork a blow 120mm mantue

06 and 07 888 were the same,it was the 66 that changed.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:45 Quote
marquis wrote:
Tyler-49 wrote:

The production line was changed to Taiwan in 2007.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:45 Quote
this might sound dumb, but what is a maxle?

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:46 Quote
burkemtnrider wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:
burkemtnrider wrote:

They then didn't get the feeling I would want for DH racing....I want a fork that is really sensitive on the small bumps and on the big hits ramp up, the fork would either be too hard making it unstable or would dive and not being able to take anything over 4 feet without bottoming.

oh, ok...

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
Tyler-49 wrote:
this might sound dumb, but what is a maxle?

Good idea just poorly executed.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mbaction.com/Media/News/maestro.jpg

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
burkemtnrider wrote:
marquis wrote:
Tyler-49 wrote:

Yes but it was the 08 fork that was produced there.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:57 Quote
marquis wrote:
burkemtnrider wrote:
marquis wrote:

Yes but it was the 08 fork that was produced there.
And late 07 models.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019650
Mobile Version of Website