New Hayes 9

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 21:52 Quote
jallan wrote:
Stronger as in less expansion (also theyre apparently according to the product description when i bought mine "this product will not break"). I dont know though, thats why i was asking lol. However im sure i read on a post on pinkbike that avid dont endorse goodridges because it ruins the modulation of hte brake.
Actually the goodridge hoses gave me more modulation than the stock Avid Kevlar hoses did.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 22:25 Quote
ride66 wrote:
They are in fact, the entry hydraulic brakes from Hayes.

no, hayes soles are the entry level brakes from hayes.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 3:32 Quote
vashonbiking123 wrote:
ride66 wrote:
They are in fact, the entry hydraulic brakes from Hayes.

no, hayes soles are the entry level brakes from hayes.

Sole are absolute... Wank

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 8:01 Quote
I have them and I love them get them

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 8:04 Quote
dirtjumper45 wrote:

Did you ever tryed others brakes on YOUR bike, not a friend's one, or it is your first hydro brakes ever?

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 8:07 Quote
My Hayes 9 are enough for me, lots of braking power, they never let me down, i couldn't ask for more!Cheers

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 9:27 Quote
ride66 wrote:
dirtjumper45 wrote:

Did you ever tryed others brakes on YOUR bike, not a friend's one, or it is your first hydro brakes ever?

First brake probably, if he is talking about soles...
Cable discs are better that soles.

However Hayes 9 nines are great.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
they are pretty decent but not so famous on adjustments as stated before. if you say you're not too serious forget anything above 100$ and stay in the range of the nines. juicy 3's are great. between a 3 and a 7 i dont see much difference except a price and a couple mm of pad size(seriously i would ride a 3 over a 7 anyday). this year i switched back to them cuz they're solid, reliable and affordable. overall better than a nine for comfort, similar stopping power.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
I love my hayes nines but I would love hope Mono M4's or Hope mono mini. Or maybe avid Codes or avide juicy 3's! Smile

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
i had hayes nines. 4 of them actually. and they all broke. now ive got quads and they havent brokin and they real responsive and yea all round good brake.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015423
Mobile Version of Website