Powered by Outside

How's the grip of eastern's new plastic pedals?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How's the grip of eastern's new plastic pedals?
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 8:05 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
stpgeminirider wrote:
Presence wrote:

i bought a new wheel from a dealer in australia (distro booklet) and under pegs it said plegs and i ordered a pair...

obviosuly they arnt ody plegs because they arnt even in production yet. Demolition made plastic pegs... but they arnt called plegs. so no u didnt get plegs.

They did do a small run of them but then switched their manufacturer again so it is still possible.
They are also very close to opening full production for them too. So if it's a brand new catalog like within the last month it may have them, you just cant get them yet.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 8:15 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
stpgeminirider wrote:
Presence wrote:

i bought a new wheel from a dealer in australia (distro booklet) and under pegs it said plegs and i ordered a pair...

obviosuly they arnt ody plegs because they arnt even in production yet. Demolition made plastic pegs... but they arnt called plegs. so no u didnt get plegs.

They did do a small run of them but then switched their manufacturer again so it is still possible.

yeah bu twould odysssey sell that small batch?? because they said they werent sure if it was compatable with the newer batches replaceable parts... or something like that...

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 8:23 Quote
put skate boord grip tape on should help wit the no grip above the axel

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 8:29 Quote
My buddy rides with them and he says there pretty decent for about a month and then they turn to poo. Me and him have both ridden the twisted pc's and there pretty goood no complaints from me.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 10:00 Quote
tsycle wrote:
ive seen tons of ads for eastern plastic pedals but im not usre about em. i just dont think plastic can provide much grip...anybody tried them? how do they compare with metal pedals?
Just get the metal ones....last longer and much stronger.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
odessey twisted are great... didn't kow eastern made them... the fact is true... when wet watch out! Other than that they grip mad! tup

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
pcs are really nice and have so much grip. but shadow is coming out with plastic pedals with metal pins that look really nice

FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
mjpantera wrote:
Twisted PC pedals have been around for a LONG time.
They have been used on flatland bikes for about a decade.
The new odyssey with metal pins are NOT threaded into plastic.
They are 2 plastic casings over the pins, and tightened with plastic screws.
There is no worry of stripping the pins out.

No info on the eastern, but they got some good ideas so far, wouldnt hurt to try them out.
i kno im bringing an old thread bak but where can u get the plastic pedals with metal pins?

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
To the best of my knowledge no one offers them yet.

You could always try to drill out a pair of plastic pedals and make them yourself.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
could you mabey use some brute force and just thread some pins in? i havnt used pc's cause i like my parts to last, but it mite be fun to try since i can pretty much only ride in my barn this time of year lol.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
What I was going to try is grind down the plastic pin on the pedal, then drill a slightly undersized hole and then thread the metal pin in. I just have to find some old pedals to poach the pins from first.

With the brute force method, I don't think the pin would have enough of a cutting edge to dig in far enough.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
To the best of my knowledge no one offers them yet.

You could always try to drill out a pair of plastic pedals and make them yourself.

shadow is making some there just not out yet

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
could you mabey use some brute force and just thread some pins in? i havnt used pc's cause i like my parts to last, but it mite be fun to try since i can pretty much only ride in my barn this time of year lol.

The brute force method definitely wouldn't work, there is no cutting edge on the pin for it to even start cutting into the pedal. I tried that way first with no luck.

I just finished putting in some metal pins. I ground the plastic pins down, piloted the hole then screwed the pin in. I took it for a ride around the basement and the pins are staying in, now I just have to wait for good weather before I recommend anyone trying it.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

The brute force method definitely wouldn't work, there is no cutting edge on the pin for it to even start cutting into the pedal. I tried that way first with no luck.

I just finished putting in some metal pins. I ground the plastic pins down, piloted the hole then screwed the pin in. I took it for a ride around the basement and the pins are staying in, now I just have to wait for good weather before I recommend anyone trying it.

sweet! i was thinking about getting some pc pedals and metal pins to fart around with, but i cant find a place to order the 2mm allen pins, dans only has the socket head ones left.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 5:40 Quote
if you guys look at chain reaction cycles they have some extra long pins you could buy and try with... I can't remember how long or price but from what I am seeing LONG and not so expensive, they also have different colors available too...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027222
Mobile Version of Website