Demo 8 2011
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
Timmos wrote:
potthead wrote:
Timmos wrote:
almost 2 builded demo's

photo

how do you think that frame will look with a black fork and purple components

black fork i prefer.. purple components i thinks it is to busy.
red and white + purple is like a rianbow..

well they were out of black and yellow frames Frown

Posted: Apr 12, 2011 at 17:05 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
Anyone have any issues with the rear hub fitting? As soon as i put in the axle the wheel gets offset....and doesnt fit right....im pissed.
Ya the alignment slot thing at the drop out is to small to fit all hubs without modifying. I had to grind down the hub body on my brothers Formula hub to get it to fit. Apparently Specialized has said if you grind out the drop out they will warranty the part later in season with a better fitting part, but I'd check with your dealer before moding the frame.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 at 18:40 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
Pitcrew wrote:
Anyone have any issues with the rear hub fitting? As soon as i put in the axle the wheel gets offset....and doesnt fit right....im pissed.
Ya the alignment slot thing at the drop out is to small to fit all hubs without modifying. I had to grind down the hub body on my brothers Formula hub to get it to fit. Apparently Specialized has said if you grind out the drop out they will warranty the part later in season with a better fitting part, but I'd check with your dealer before moding the frame.
Yea, i ended up going back into the shop and had one of the guys call spesh. Gotta say that completely blindsided me...I got my rear wheel on, but i have a to grind more...Eek

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 12:22 Quote
alexsub26 wrote:
photo

why having taken a medium or small size if it's to place the seat so high and the pivot of the fork ?

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 13:37 Quote
Astars wrote:
alexsub26 wrote:
photo

why having taken a medium or small size if it's to place the seat so high and the pivot of the fork ?
when the photo was taken i had only just built it so i still needed to cut the post down, and i have a medium as i prefer the geo with a higher front end. just preference

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 13:40 Quote
what chainguide you gonna run?

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 13:41 Quote
LG1 is on order....my Glory 0 had ISCG old.....Frown

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 13:43 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
LG1 is on order....my Glory 0 had ISCG old.....Frown
sweet, see when you shift into your easiest gear is your chain line out by much?

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 14:52 Quote
Ill check it when i get it either fri or sat....

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 6:58 Quote
bismojo wrote:
photo
Beer

Damn!

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 17:52 Quote
alexnash wrote:
bismojo wrote:
photo
Beer

Damn!
WHAT!!! that thing is sexy! (i really need to get a new pb name. who rides demo 7's these days?)

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 10:41 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
I got my rear wheel on, but i have a to grind more...Eek

Did you grind down your hub or the frame? Picking up my frame today, will find out if Saint hubs fit or not(fingers crossed). the Saint hubs look narrower at the mounting surface than the Formulas so I hope they'll fit.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 18:03 Quote
Frame, even a DT swiss hub i had laying around didnt fit...kinda pissed...but when i called spesh the customer service lady said im SOL and have to grind it down if i want to use my frame....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039552
Mobile Version of Website