Powered by Outside

Post your Sub 20lb Road bikes/fixies [Spec Included]

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post your Sub 20lb Road bikes/fixies [Spec Included]
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 22:07 Quote
Haha, let's just say all my bikes are welllll over the 20lb mark. Razz

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 4:28 Quote
mine would if i took the wheels off, that count?

actually i have no idea how much my bikes weigh, the orbit lo pro is pretty light, guerciotti is around the same as my fuji, all i know is my stock my fuji is 21 pounds

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 5:34 Quote
photo
17.6 LBS as pictured.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 4:49 Quote
17.5lbs...am I correct? I'm hoping for my SS Kinesis T2 to be about that weight.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:11 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
17.5lbs...am I correct? I'm hoping for my SS Kinesis T2 to be about that weight.
yeah haha surprised me didnt even go for any branded makes all just cheap stuff chucked on and old frame and forks my grandpa used to race back in the day Smile

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:14 Quote
joshie-beardy wrote:
yeah haha surprised me didnt even go for any branded makes all just cheap stuff chucked on and old frame and forks my grandpa used to race back in the day Smile

I was surprised to know mine will be that light! I read up a review and a bloke who owns one with mud guards groupset etc. is 22lbs so mine with singlespeed will weigh loads less than that, aiming for 17-19lbs max, and I also am using budget parts. (no carbon)

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:15 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
joshie-beardy wrote:

I was surprised to know mine will be that light! I read up a review and a bloke who owns one with mud guards groupset etc. is 22lbs so mine with singlespeed will weigh loads less than that, aiming for 17-19lbs max, and I also am using budget parts. (no carbon)
budget is the way forward mine cost me a total of £60 to build Smile

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:16 Quote
joshie-beardy wrote:

Thats an awesome weight for a £60 build Eek

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:18 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
joshie-beardy wrote:

Thats an awesome weight for a £60 build Eek

haha was all by luck really, got given frame fork headset and stem, then brought a create fixed for like £120 that was damaged and a unwanted gift on ebay took all the bits i needed (cranks, wheels, bars, break, chain,) sold the frame and forks to a mate for £60 so made that back then had the pedals and seat lieing around from my 24 inch build Smile was so chuffed to build it Smile

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:30 Quote
I would be too mate, I'll post pics up of my bike when it's built but you gotta wait 4 months haha!

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 6:38 Quote
yikes, must be some really good tubing or something, i was comparing my conversion to my 21 pound fuji and i think its lighter, i should get it weighed

heres mine, im sure its less than 20 Wink

photo

does that count lol

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 6:40 Quote
Wow, I like your hover bike, no wheels means no spokey dokeys though Frown

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 6:42 Quote
if it had bars i could easily do a hop whip

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 6:45 Quote
I think you should get the Guerciotti weighed as it is now (built), I wouldn't be surprised if it's under 20lbs as they have always made light frames.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017330
Mobile Version of Website