Powered by Outside

Trail builders group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trail builders group
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:36 Quote
poritz wrote:
yeah but just the upper part of the trail , the rest of it is just straight downhill Confused but the bushes are f*cking hard to make a trail through Madder

you should count yourself lucky there not a jungle of 2 inch saplings that need all there roots digging up to build the trail lol
also i have just started work in the forest, 2 hours of work and already 20 yards of trail and 2 insane switchback berm things Big Grin

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:42 Quote
vengeance111 wrote:
poritz wrote:
yeah but just the upper part of the trail , the rest of it is just straight downhill Confused but the bushes are f*cking hard to make a trail through Madder

you should count yourself lucky there not a jungle of 2 inch saplings that need all there roots digging up to build the trail lol
also i have just started work in the forest, 2 hours of work and already 20 yards of trail and 2 insane switchback berm things Big Grin
vengeance, why do you dig em up? cant you just axe the bastards?

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:45 Quote
i could but it would leave the trail covered in tree stumps lol

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:48 Quote
mhh then maybe cut them off near the ground and put dirt over it ?

but at my trail this little bushes are just growing back on the trail Madder

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
i go along my trail every week with a big shovel and scrape away all the weeds and grass, try doing that

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
poritz wrote:
mhh then maybe cut them off near the ground and put dirt over it ?

but at my trail this little bushes are just growing back on the trail Madder

and keep riding through summer, that is when stuff grows, you ride it and it wont grow

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
my machete is my new favorite tool, so useful Big Grin

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:56 Quote
well we smoke the weed Razz
but yeah it's a really good idea , but the trail is finished now so i will ride it everyday , i don't think that there will be any grass growing Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:57 Quote
vengeance111 wrote:
my machete is my new favorite tool, so useful Big Grin

You need a scythe and a black cloak

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 13:59 Quote
nah the machetes sweet Big Grin , needs sharpening though its got loads of flat spots on the blade where its hit rocks Confused

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
photo

some info in the description...

Posted: Apr 23, 2011 at 1:07 Quote
vengeance111 wrote:
i could but it would leave the trail covered in tree stumps lol
what are you riding on..a bmx??lol.
axe them short, near to the ground then just ride it and that'll naturally kill them and nothing will grow back.

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 11:42 Quote
thread is a little dead

how do you guys get the dirt for your trails? like do you have it dumped there? or do you have machinery?

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 12:03 Quote
dig it out the ground and thanks for helping revive the thread

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 12:25 Quote
we've had 2 tonnes of top soil dumped for just finishing off the shaping, and packing it down makes it a hell of a lot easier than digging it up.

I'm also considering getting some machinery down for a day or 2 and see how much we can get done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.099358
Mobile Version of Website