Roco Air WC does not fit Demo7! What I'm willing to do to make it....

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Roco Air WC does not fit Demo7! What I'm willing to do to make it....
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
mtbrider007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
mtbrider007 wrote:
The problem is that bike companies make things the way there made for a reason, not just cuase they feel like it.
lol lol lol lol

Why is that so funny?

They make things the way they are because it's the best way for them to make money. You think the bike industry doesn't have TONS of pointless engineering? If someone's willing to file off a few millimeters to make something fit then props to them. That's how mountain bikes, hot rods, and pretty much anything else that goes was invented.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
mtbrider007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
mtbrider007 wrote:
The problem is that bike companies make things the way there made for a reason, not just cuase they feel like it.
lol lol lol lol

Why is that so funny?

because bike companies routinely pull stuff right out of thin air.....and then wait for the consumer to sort out the mistakes, then they "fine tune" the design in the next model year.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
I gotta add that you should quit buying all the marketing hype you read.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
mtbrider007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

lol lol lol lol

Why is that so funny?

They make things the way they are because it's the best way for them to make money. You think the bike industry doesn't have TONS of pointless engineering? If someone's willing to file off a few millimeters to make something fit then props to them. That's how mountain bikes, hot rods, and pretty much anything else that goes was invented.

common dave, the 1-1/8 to 1.5 headtube will revolutionize the industry.....

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:

Viva la revolution.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:

Oh, case in point.....WTF is THAT headtube shit about....silly eh?

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
Lets answer a question no one asked..............wait until they hit slopestyle bikes.

when are we going to see the 2 to 1.5 heatube for those wanting to run their 1.5 steer tube fork?

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
i know that some people are saying 'don't tell specialized' 'you'll lose your warranty' but i think you should show them this, nobody would have to go to the trouble that you are next year.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
shondo wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:

I've seen tons of people try to argue in the last couple days that it's supposedly lighter and stronger, and lets you run a 1.125 stem. Al I can do is roll my eyes.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
shondo wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:

I've seen tons of people try to argue in the last couple days that it's supposedly lighter and stronger, and lets you run a 1.125 stem. Al I can do is roll my eyes.

lol agreed,new industry bollock's and not needed.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 22:50 Quote
So how did it work out for you? Looks sick man

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
mtbrider007 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

lol lol lol lol

Why is that so funny?

yeah man! your right. props to those who want to explore. i dont encourage dumb ass ideeas but this one is fairly safe and cool. i bet that if the frame will ever brake it wll not brake as the result of this modification.tup

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 0:31 Quote
How's it holding up?

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
I couldn't be happier!
I haven't had to touch it since I've installed it. I hated the DHX5.0 that came with the frame. I just could get it to adjust to my weight/riding style plus it would randomly barf through the travel. The new Rocco Air has exceeded my expectations;

Super smooth travel
Much lighter
Never notice it bottoming out
Always feels the same
Very adjustable (not that I need to)

And no, there is no sign of cracking on the frame.
photo

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 10:01 Quote
Looks like a great conversion! Might try that on my own Demo 7 in the future for racing if I don't end up liking the DHX5.0...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038562
Mobile Version of Website