Powered by Outside

Updated BMX Products Review Thread (More Reviews, Less Questions)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Updated BMX Products Review Thread (More Reviews, Less Questions)
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
Animal Strip seat:
Very nice, light, but not a very great shape for sitting on. feels weird and not the most comfortable for a padded seat. If you never sit then i recomend it. if you sit down a lot then maybe try another seat.

Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 22:55 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Long time no see steezemaster. Your reviews have been updated.
Been busy working and living life. But it is nice to see that there are still many contributions to this thread. Great stuff Justin.

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 5:11 Quote
Khe loita rear hub- Payed £60 for this of alansbmx.com was on a budget and this was one of teh cheapest 9t hubs out there, when i got it, it looked amazing, clean and simple, just how i liked it, after about a month of riding it, it developed a very slight wobble, 2 years on and the wobble is still there, however its not got any worse and is barely noticable, driver has been fine, not a single problem, axle is one of the strongest ive used, i run four pegs and it has held up to some hack grinding. very quite hub if your into that kinda hub, 9/10

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 18:20 Quote
Gsport Ratchet hub- one of the best hub by far I have ridden in my entire rider life.strong, solid, best shit for your bucks. its loud, and its light, ( if you take 3/8 alloy axle wich i have ), got it in 9t and i run 25/9 gearing, it work perfect with my shadow interlock chain. Sick hubs, bomb proof really

Posted: Oct 16, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
Eastern Curb Monkey tire- I ride a lot every day and it lasted me half a year in the front, it's tread is good for street and park, unfortunately the max PSI is 65. Eastern made a HP (hi-pressure) version that's probably better. It comes in 2.3 which is a bonus.

Odyssey Elm street tire- Great street/park tire. Lots of flatlanders ride them too, and I think the tread would be good for racing as well. Probably not the best tire for you if you mostly ride dirt jumps. It's max PSI is over 100, the tread is probably the best tread that I've ever had, and it's strong. The only downside is the only widths it comes in are 1.85 and 2.1. I wouldn't recommend the 1.85 for anything but flatland and racing. The 2.1 is great though. They are a little bit hard to find now, but they are great tires.

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 14:11 Quote
Anyone know if the Kink Human bars are decent?

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 15:56 Quote
I got the Kink Lynx bars ATM, and they're great. Super light, and very strong. I am replacing them soon, but only because of a geo change. They have a lifetime warranty, so you don't need to worry about them breaking.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 16:02 Quote
what about the federal drop bars? any good? i was gonna get shadow vultus ones but just seen some busted ones on another thread which had put me off a bit, might still try em tho Confused

Posted: Oct 26, 2011 at 22:46 Quote
leicestersteve wrote:
what about the federal drop bars? any good? i was gonna get shadow vultus ones but just seen some busted ones on another thread which had put me off a bit, might still try em tho Confused
Aything federal makes is bound to be good. Lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 3:39 Quote
Thoughts on Fit sky highs anyone??

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 11:22 Quote
billychristensenbmx wrote:
Thoughts on Fit sky highs anyone??

Fit's made by S&M, my S&M slams are strong as anything. So if you like big bars, Sky Highs are probably good, I'd maybe go with S&M hoders though.

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
Please keep the questions to the other threads guys.

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 14:42 Quote
link to the other thread man?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023106
Mobile Version of Website