Powered by Outside

New Kona- Should i change anything on it?

PB Forum :: Downhill
New Kona- Should i change anything on it?
O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 22:32 Quote
escobar24 wrote:
sunline direct mount stem and sunline saddle.
Sunline everything, bars included. You bars look like they have super rise on them. I can't tell for sure from the angle the pic is at though. Sunline bars come with next to no rise. And a lower ride up front in the cockpit will help a lot. Those eight inch travel forks come tall, so I would suggest tring to lower it a lot.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 22:45 Quote
hahaha hey man, you should have bought my demo 8 its already dialed, you wouldnt have to be asking all these questions, ahaahaha, sick bike anyways dude

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 23:21 Quote
Just ride that f*ckin bitch down the hill... If something breaks in the long run, that's the time you need replacements cuz you can't ride a rig with broken parts... Leave it just as is and go out and f*ckin ride!!!!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 23:25 Quote
you can get fox 5.0 new for 475, but people sell them brand new or way cheaper,they feel way better than the 4.0 w/ more ajustments,but i would wait a little until you really need it

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 23:29 Quote
Changing anything would be hilariously pointless dude, just go romp on some mountains

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:01 Quote
alright, thanks guys
oh and i have white bmx grips that i could put on it
is there much of a difference between those and lock-on grips

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
dont even risk it.... use lock ons

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
wutang wrote:
boxxer, and some codes.Beer
dont get a boxxer leave that fine 888 on there and you will be laughing at the broken boxxers on the side of the trails

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:56 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
alright, thanks guys
oh and i have white bmx grips that i could put on it
is there much of a difference between those and lock-on grips

definitely leave the lock-ons on. leave you bike how it is and go give er hell. if you are new to this it will be a while before you even push that bike close to what it can handle.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:07 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
wutang wrote:
boxxer, and some codes.Beer
dont get a boxxer leave that fine 888 on there and you will be laughing at the broken boxxers on the side of the trails

thats what im talkin about... Marzocchi is the best... no questions asked

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:13 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
i just checked and they are shimano deore xt
I would give them a chance to wear in before you replaced them. Brakes start around $250 from a bike shop, plus installation (if you don't know what codes are I'd leave it to the pros). XT is pretty solid stuff, so give them a chance before you replace them. Take it back to where you bought it and get them to take a look at the front brake, it may just need an alignment or something else minor.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:27 Quote
aniyn wrote:
wtp51 wrote:
i just checked and they are shimano deore xt
I would give them a chance to wear in before you replaced them. Brakes start around $250 from a bike shop, plus installation (if you don't know what codes are I'd leave it to the pros). XT is pretty solid stuff, so give them a chance before you replace them. Take it back to where you bought it and get them to take a look at the front brake, it may just need an alignment or something else minor.

yeah while i was riding today they seemed to get better, they dont squeel anywhere closed to what it used to be like

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:54 Quote
The other thing you can do is clean the disc with some rubbing alcohol.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
what website can i order a stem bars and seat from, prefferably all white, to the us

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013017
Mobile Version of Website