Powered by Outside

Dirt and tool descussion for tools like me

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Dirt and tool descussion for tools like me
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 8:57 Quote
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B0036HZ7SO/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=11052671&s=outdoors
Just invested in this beauty , fed up with using spades to hack thru the thick bush , just gotta be more carefull going to the trails now as I think this might freak some people out Smile

Just got back from building a new step down line , come together surprisingly quickly , from a bramble bush hell to a 3/4 made line with a good 25 foot plus gap in 4 hours , now i'm wishing I carried on in the dark as it would be done by now Razz

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 11:15 Quote
mushrooms wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
Which shovels? also i hate spades... bulldog long handles seem to be the only worth while long handled square point shovel in the uk at the moment (or the lidl ones)

It was a play on words as the shovel that is bent is a faithful

Oh, that was pretty subtle haha. Well played though!

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 15:22 Quote
Anyone know where to get a 12 or 24 inch landscaping rake? I went to lowes today and all they had was a massive 36" one which is way to large for making trails. Thanks guys!

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 15:30 Quote
Ohiorider6 wrote:
Anyone know where to get a 12 or 24 inch landscaping rake? I went to lowes today and all they had was a massive 36" one which is way to large for making trails. Thanks guys!

Cut it?

Im not sure in your area where you can get one. I usually get my tools from a couple local suppliers, or basic stores like home depot, or Lowes.

Mod
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 15:35 Quote
Redwolf2 wrote:
Ohiorider6 wrote:

Cut it?

Im not sure in your area where you can get one. I usually get my tools from a couple local suppliers, or basic stores like home depot, or Lowes.

This any use? http://www.barnyardproducts.com/page/401843754

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 15:36 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Redwolf2 wrote:
Ohiorider6 wrote:

Cut it?

This any use? http://www.barnyardproducts.com/page/401843754

Thank you so much!

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 10:16 Quote
http://www.screwfix.com/p/spear-jackson-tarmac-rake/28301 awesome tool , essential to me now it's perfect for shaping and smoothing , guaranteed against bending .

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 11:58 Quote
used to have some awesome ones that a load of dudes pinched from a golf course, such a pain that i cant even buy them... grrrrr

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 14:07 Quote
Yeaaaahhh son! Got a new shovel, It looks a bit wide but hopefully it is alright, need to sharpen as well Big Grin

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
What shovel? Pics and link... (if its a bulldog like i keep saying i will love you for ever)

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 10:18 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
What shovel? Pics and link... (if its a bulldog like i keep saying i will love you for ever)

We have a bulldog which we lost Frown and we have one exactly the same not sure what it is but pretty much exactly the same, this one is just bnq heavy square mouth, I only really got it because we lost the other shovel, the long handed snapped (my bad) and so we only have one left with a bunch of spades which pretty much suck but we are getting a round point soon and another decent shovel

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 10:23 Quote
B&Q long handle round point, and a bulldog long handle square mouth

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 13:56 Quote
not too far from where i live is the countries largest single branch builders merchants, their site is huge and their prices are the best around, today i was looking at their spade range, they stock the whole bulldog range, from the cheaper stuff to the 'pedigree' top end stuff Smile i think ill be spending a fair bit of money there haha Smile

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 15:16 Quote
god damn so far away Frown nothing decent around me :L

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028756
Mobile Version of Website