24's or 26's?

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 3:25 Quote
i think if ull b thowing ur bike around like doing tailwhips nd 360 go for 24 because its easier to throw around but personally id rather 26

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
i think that eventually the rims on a mtb will slowly get smaller in size because people will realise that a smaller rim is also way stronger and are easyer to spin thats why you see people doig bunnyhop tailwhips on bmx and bunnyhop truck drivers f and on a mtb it isnt done. Same goes for running a really small sprocket on a mtb there is no real point other than being a little lighter the reason they did it in bmx was because with hige sprockets they would get smashed on certain grinds so they thought with smaller ones it would help eliminate broken chains.Idunno i guess i kinda feel that mtb is starting to become more and more like bmx. but yea id say go with the 26's because thats what the frame is ment for.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:26 Quote
I liked my 24s till I rode my buddys chase with 26s. Yea so now I want 26s.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:40 Quote
go with 26's man..... 24's are wayyyy too low for that bike, unless you have really short cranks/ thin pedals

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:41 Quote
i like the 26/24 set up because its easier to ride manuels, and the smaller wheel has less inertia so its easier to manuver. plus if you build the 24" rim right, its a hella stronger than the 26ers.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
go with 26/26 it makes sence so much smoother

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 5:43 Quote
i say 24" cos im small and they suit me better, 26 just feels too big on a dj/street bike. plus arnt they harder to buckle i might b wrong?

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
if you had a frame that was able to accept 24s and still have reasonable clearance, then i'd say 24's, as they're lighter (therefore more flickable) and stronger
but the thing with p bikes is they have very low bb's to start and putting 24s on just makes the bb way too low
so moral of the story is 26's

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
truffles wrote:
if you had a frame that was able to accept 24s and still have reasonable clearance, then i'd say 24's, as they're lighter (therefore more flickable) and stronger
but the thing with p bikes is they have very low bb's to start and putting 24s on just makes the bb way too low

im going to have to disagree with the weight. i have a 24" funn that was built for DH and im running a 2.5 holyroller. its about 1.5lbs heavier than my 26" ditchwitch with a 2.6 specialized roller. and its about the same weight as my doublewide with a 2.5 highroller. but yes they are stronger, i only put one flat spot in my funn and that was from an 8 foot wall to flat.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
flight2live wrote:
truffles wrote:

im going to have to disagree with the weight. i have a 24" funn that was built for DH and im running a 2.5 holyroller. its about 1.5lbs heavier than my 26" ditchwitch with a 2.6 specialized roller. and its about the same weight as my doublewide with a 2.5 highroller. but yes they are stronger, i only put one flat spot in my funn and that was from an 8 foot wall to flat.

i'm going to have to disagree with the disagreement, because he's not comparing the same rims and tires.

24 inch mtxes are lighter and stronger than 26 mtxes, and same goes for all rims.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
thank you creamsoda...to the other guy, your logic isn't so good lol

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 2:57 Quote
flight2live wrote:
truffles wrote:

one of the sillyiest comments ever. if you have the same thing in a smaller size of course itll be lighter

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 3:26 Quote
DO NOT ride a bike with 24" that is meant for 26" your make the worst deccion ever trust me i know. denfinitly get 26" fpr your p1

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
just depends of you. i own a pair of 24's for 2 seasons, now i just changed for 26's and i love them. it depends of how you like a bike and what is the geo of your bike.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
i would deff recomend running 26 24s on a 26 bike really blows
and it does scrap when you turn

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020363
Mobile Version of Website