Powered by Outside

Freeride trails in Utah??

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride trails in Utah??
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
hey i want to help work on the i-street jumps i'm about to move back to slc, i heard there are way more jumps than 2 years ago, does anybody know who i can talk to

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
It seems to me it's a free for all up there. If you want to build something just bring your shovel and talk to anyone up there. If there's no one around just start building.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:23 Quote
I'm going to be at BYU in august and i'll be riding deer valley with my uncle every once in a while and looking for other dh or freeride spots, does any one know about any good dj's in provo or salt lake

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
Go to my website: http://adenwilliamson.googlepages.com/biking. Check it in an hour and I will have the Provo area trails linked to a map to the trailheads.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
OK - I put up some links. I will do more tonight and later on - add photos and video, etc. If you have ?s, PM me. I don't live there anymore, but I spent a lot of time scouting out trails and gathering info so other people don't have to search as much as I did. The only thing I never had time to go out to was the Empire Trail in Park City. If it still exists, it would be a great one to ride!

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
sweet thanks, thats looks good!

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
Very nice! I've always suspected there were some dirt jumps down in that bowl by the mouth of parlies. I've just never got the time to explore them.

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
They were there last year. I'm guessing they are still there. About 50 doubles, I'd guess.
BTW, keep checking back on my page. I still have more to add. And if anybody knows on other locations that they wouldn't mind sharing, hook me up and I'll add it too.

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
there are lots of good trails in southern utah there are about if you go to http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/ they have all the well known trails in all of utah and there are some maps and stuff on there too.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
that would be sweet to check out, but i wont have my own car so its awesome that there are dj's in provo

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
hoggdogg wrote:
hey i want to help work on the i-street jumps i'm about to move back to slc, i heard there are way more jumps than 2 years ago, does anybody know who i can talk to
just come up anytime and bring a few shovels. most of the people who ride there (incuding me) will join you in building

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
Hey i was up at I Street today in the Upper aves in the SlC. My buddy and I were haveing a good sesh on the jumps when we rode back out to my car The window was busted out. I parked in that area by the water tanks on Hill Top Road. Any one else have any Problems with this?

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
that happens alot up there. i try and make sure that i have nothing nice in my car and leave the windows down. i've known a few people that have had stuff stolen

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 at 4:46 Quote
Yeah - happened to my friend's car while we were there too. And at the beginning of this summer I was riding and my wife was hanging back in the car reading. She said a couple of shady guys pulled into that little parking lot about every 30 minutes over a four hour period, looked around, then left. People need to pass this info around - if you ride I-St, leave nothing in your cars. I even leave the windows down so they have nothing to break.

Note also that this is a huge problem in Big Cottonwood for rock climbers who park and then hike in to a crag. It happens all the time. Pretty lame.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:14 Quote
aden27 wrote:
Yeah - happened to my friend's car while we were there too. And at the beginning of this summer I was riding and my wife was hanging back in the car reading. She said a couple of shady guys pulled into that little parking lot about every 30 minutes over a four hour period, looked around, then left. People need to pass this info around - if you ride I-St, leave nothing in your cars. I even leave the windows down so they have nothing to break.

Note also that this is a huge problem in Big Cottonwood for rock climbers who park and then hike in to a crag. It happens all the time. Pretty lame.

ya they broke my window and stole my buddys school backpack. It was in wednesday afternoon and we were the only ones up there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021504
Mobile Version of Website