Powered by Outside

2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 21:55 Quote
kbrock wrote:
My new baby. Absolutely impressed with it so far:

New fork and shock on in the week to come

I was wondering how your bike handle dh riding? my brother test rode one in the car park but that means nothing and how would it compare to an operator?

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 1:30 Quote
nzbika wrote:

I was wondering how your bike handle dh riding? my brother test rode one in the car park but that means nothing and how would it compare to an operator?

Operator with a boxxer, in the right hands, would kill the entourage on the DH trails. I had an '11 that was dialed and that thing was fast. Only complaints were that the chainstays made it feel a little long and the interupted seat tube. They fixed the chainstays in 2012 by shortening them 12mm so it should be a dialed bike for DH. But I never really got into jumping the operator I had. It just didn't feel poppy and was kind of hard to get into the air. I never really warmed up to it. But going from an operator with a boxxer to a Entourage with a totem was kind of night and day for me. Entourage takes to the air way better, but I can totally feel the flex in the single crown vs the boxxer when pounding it on our local DH trail. And its a bit worse with the lyrik (rode a Entourage DLX with one on it). If you want to do more air and FR stuff get the entourage. If you are more concerned with DH and want to do some FR, the operator should be just fine. I just can't get into bikes with more than 7" of travel for some reason. As much as I love dh, I just can't stand a squishy sluggish bike when trying to jump or rail tight berms. Both cross into each other's territory, it just really depends on what you mainly want to do with it I suppose.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
oahu2

oahu3

oahu6

Took the Entourage to break in and shred some dh in Hawaii...man this bike rips! Love at first ride.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 13:40 Quote
I wanted to get forks for my entourage, does it need 1.5" for the headtube?

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 13:53 Quote
K-Vandee wrote:
I wanted to get forks for my entourage, does it need 1.5" for the headtube?
its tapered. 1 1/8 up top 1.5 on the bottom.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
Guys quick question and a little FYI for anyone looking ! Kona is offering 15% off 2012 entourage and entourage delux right now while supply's last . Assuming one is going for 2700 and the delux for 4099 is the discount worth springing for the delux or should I just go normal and really get it for a great price .

Thanks guys ! Hope the info also gets some new riders on this great frame .

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 12:42 Quote
jbodington wrote:
Guys quick question and a little FYI for anyone looking ! Kona is offering 15% off 2012 entourage and entourage delux right now while supply's last . Assuming one is going for 2700 and the delux for 4099 is the discount worth springing for the delux or should I just go normal and really get it for a great price .

Thanks guys ! Hope the info also gets some new riders on this great frame .

If you are looking to save money regardless, the standard version rips out of the box. Standard spec is thoroughly impressive. The delux has a nice component spec, but for the money it should include an RC4, not an RC2. Nonetheless, the raw color is sexy. I say get the standard for as cheap as you can!

Plus, you can always sell the stock component and upgrade over time.

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
Also, hope they announce the winner(s) of that Bring Your Entourage sweepstakes soon Smile

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 22:16 Quote
Hey I am really interested in buying this bike, but what really bugs me is the interrupted seat tube, would it be worth putting a travel adjustable fork (fox talas or lyrik) and a telescopic seatpost, or should I be looking at a more pedal friendly bike?

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 9:16 Quote
if you want to pedal up, either stand up or get a bike with a more normal seat tube. It is my biggest complaint on this bike. If you put a telescopic seat post on it the seat will end up going more back than up. Plus you couldn't slam it down far enough IMO. This bike was only made for huckin and going down hill, not up.

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 9:51 Quote
Ordered a large in to the lbs to try, 6'2" and 195lbs so should be a good'un. Tempted to try a medium as well but means another deposit. Seems all the 6 footers here prefer a medium and I'm a bit nervous it's gunna feel wrong. The large shouldn't affect the chuck ability should it? I like a fairly tight bike but not one that's gunna need me having oily rundowns by 16 year old Swedish virgins afterwards on account of being bent over like a circus clown on a tiny joke bike.

Anyone ridden both and can say for sure? Guess it's all personal taste.

Ry

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 10:51 Quote
well that really put's me off buying it, hopefully next year they'll make it without the interrupted seat tube

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
IryanU wrote:
Ordered a large in to the lbs to try, 6'2" and 195lbs so should be a good'un. Tempted to try a medium as well but means another deposit. Seems all the 6 footers here prefer a medium and I'm a bit nervous it's gunna feel wrong. The large shouldn't affect the chuck ability should it? I like a fairly tight bike but not one that's gunna need me having oily rundowns by 16 year old Swedish virgins afterwards on account of being bent over like a circus clown on a tiny joke bike.

Anyone ridden both and can say for sure? Guess it's all personal taste.

Ry
I am 6'4" and rode both. The Med was just a touch too short for my taste, but the large feels too long. I ended up with a large and have a 40mm stem and its alright. I wish it was like 0.5" shorter in the Top tube. That would be perfect for me. I like a nice tight cock pit, but the Medium was just too tight. Reminded me of the Cowan DS I had that was a med and had a 23" or so TT. It was crazy fun to ride, but all my weight was always on the front wheel so I couldn't corner for crap.

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 12:54 Quote
sortafast wrote:
I am 6'4" and rode both. The Med was just a touch too short for my taste, but the large feels too long. I ended up with a large and have a 40mm stem and its alright. I wish it was like 0.5" shorter in the Top tube. That would be perfect for me. I like a nice tight cock pit, but the Medium was just too tight. Reminded me of the Cowan DS I had that was a med and had a 23" or so TT. It was crazy fun to ride, but all my weight was always on the front wheel so I couldn't corner for crap.

Hmm, you've got 2" on me, sounds like it's gunna be a close call, could put me in medium territory. Just a shame I won't be able to test both at the same time. Might give them a ring tommorrow and see if they can get a medium in. Haha.

Will see how this large fits up anyway. Will report back, might even have some pics, haha.

Laters

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 9:21 Quote
Not sure if this would help for reference' sake or not, but I'm 5'6", 150 lbs and a medium fits me perfectly. I'm sure there's great range in this size though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029138
Mobile Version of Website