Northwest uk riders

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Northwest uk riders
Posted: Sep 26, 2012 at 10:23 Quote
nathanH94 wrote:
Yeah man I'd give you cash for petrol and on a really nice day, I've got a week booked off work a week monday so anyday after the 8th if its dry and your up for it man
cool, ive just gone back to part time for a bit so usualy got mon/tues off, maybe do mon 8th or tue 9th if your up for it? just hope its not windy cause lee quarry is bad for it haha
you and your brother should come aswell if your free Helmet

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 at 14:57 Quote
Tues 9th be good man and I've been there on a windy day haha not the best! Smile

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 0:34 Quote
We should be free ill have to double check with my brother tho (will keep you informed)
Today's weather says no rain so going to take a ride though Phillips park and go over Clifton (not been on the bike in 2week
SamWallis wrote:
nathanH94 wrote:
Yeah man I'd give you cash for petrol and on a really nice day, I've got a week booked off work a week monday so anyday after the 8th if its dry and your up for it man
cool, ive just gone back to part time for a bit so usualy got mon/tues off, maybe do mon 8th or tue 9th if your up for it? just hope its not windy cause lee quarry is bad for it haha
you and your brother should come aswell if your free Helmet

Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 11:25 Quote
tuesday 9th sounds like a plan, fingers crossed on the weather Helmet
you'l have to inbox me your address or somewhere good to meet, got a bike rack so it'l only take 2mins to get your bike on the back

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
hey guys im new on here! anyone else from south cheshire? iv been doing DH for a while and finally decided to enter a competition! its at Hopton Woods on the 20th of october anyone else herd of it or planning to take part? http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/hopton_woods_charity_downhill

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 13:48 Quote
that sounds cool, i just checked it out, ive been thinking about getting into racing but i need to get one of them british cycling memberships 1st. might come down to watch depending on work. good luck dude

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 13:54 Quote
SamWallis wrote:
that sounds cool, i just checked it out, ive been thinking about getting into racing but i need to get one of them british cycling memberships 1st. might come down to watch depending on work. good luck dude

Cheers Sam, i don't have a membership either but i spoke to a guy at Pearce Cycles and its not needed for this event

"It's open to anyone, there are no licence requirements. If you do have a British Cycling licence you would collect ranking points if you finish top 15 in your category."

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 10:21 Quote
I'm from Darwen in Lancs, Healey nab is ok if you're really local, not worth a longer trip tbh as it is a really short trail (1-1.30min). Gisburn Forrest is good for a last minute decision to ride but I would really recommend Antur Stiniog, it's awesome and will soon build your confidence as they have 4 trails ranging from a beginners blue trail all the way up to a very technical black trail, well worth the £26 for the full days uplift and only a 2hr drive away.

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 13:13 Quote
yeah your bob on there, i like it for ease of acces and the kinda riding but its just not long enough Smile

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 4:13 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/281954/ lee quarry on saturday 13th , had a some tech issues but still a good ride out..anybody else fancy it some time soon? the offer is open to all and theres 1 more space for person and bike if they need it :-)

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 10:39 Quote
i am looking for people to ride with, i am bury and preston based, i cant drive though but would be willing to pay petrol costs.

i ride dh/fr and am picking my new bike up tomorrow so want to get out on it soon. although i need to buy a helmet first.

Posted: Oct 25, 2012 at 8:55 Quote
Me and sam have been talking and were going lee quarry again 3rd nov if anyones up for it? Was an awesome day last time we wnt but would of been better with more dudes Smile so come on, who's game?

Posted: Oct 25, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
I would if I have a helmet by then, I fancy going to farmer johns soon as well. Anyone know their opening times? And when its season is?

Posted: Oct 25, 2012 at 15:51 Quote
I live in South Cheshire so guess this threads for me.tup

Im a 36 year old fireman who does XC and downhill, just sold the Mega and bought a Saracen myst pro and have a Ghost AMR for xc stuff. Only been doing proper downhill for a few months so very much still learning but loving it. Biggest problem getting into it at my age is knowing if you crash youve still got to go to work the next day!! oh and its a fact that it hurts more the older you get Nurse

To teh lads who were talking about Antur Stiniog, Ive been to Antur 6 times and going again next week, Its awesome. You dont want to pay £3 per run trust me pay the full £26 its such an efficient uplift i usually get at least 12 -14 runs in depending how many bits on the bike i break lol.

Really nice bunch of lads there and well worth going but make sure youve a full face and as many pads as you can stand up in lol as welsh slate is sharp and unforgiving for even the slightest off. Touch wood ive not crashed there yet (thats blown it hasnt it?) but have seen 2 airlifts already.

PS Ill be at Style cop tomorrow morning if anyone's about.

Posted: Oct 28, 2012 at 2:49 Quote
sorry to not bring anything exciting to the thread but our warehouse was robbed this week

if you see any of the bikes on this link please get in touch with either myself on info@mcrcyclecentre.com or crimestoppers gmp

http://www.mcrcyclecentre.com/stolen-1.html

i know its a long shot but the more the word gets around the better

thanks
marcus

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029104
Mobile Version of Website