Sweet bring pics! Seems like so much fun

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 22:27 Quote
CRChris wrote:
Sweet bring pics! Seems like so much fun

indeed!!!!

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 20:00 Quote
budget trail bike Pitch
  budget trail bike Pitch

So here's the bike and here's the breakdown...5:00 AM Leave for Canada...pick up cycle for just under 800$ @ 10:00...jam back down to U.S. to shake it down by 12:30... brakes are sucking bad....realize half way up the single track that the mushy avid brakes are set up Moto! quick trail brake swap and back down the trail. So all in all I didn't get all the way up the bike just wasn't ready for me to really giver. Home by 5:00 P.M..... But it feels sick the frame and all are solid. Handles sweet and well balanced in the air. for now new brakes and a cheap 1x10 to get rid of the noise factory and were in business. More photos when I can actually get it going...

I was worried more about the fork than anything being it is a Pike 327(?) solo air 140mm. It is apparently a stripped down Pike for this bike. But all in all its not so bad, no reason to chuck it that's for sure. I am going to try and short shock it with my monarch plus since I have it just siting around and see if the peddle switch helps out a little on the up stuff.

It really didn't cost me anything so far either as I was given a Keggerator which I sold for 600 and then I scrapped some metal for the rest. All in all I am pretty damn stoked on my new free bike! (relatively free anyway)

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 1:51 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
budget trail bike Pitch
  budget trail bike Pitch

So here's the bike and here's the breakdown...5:00 AM Leave for Canada...pick up cycle for just under 800$ @ 10:00...jam back down to U.S. to shake it down by 12:30... brakes are sucking bad....realize half way up the single track that the mushy avid brakes are set up normal quick trail brake swap and back down the trail. So all in all I didn't get all the way up the bike just wasn't ready for me to really giver. Home by 5:00 P.M..... But it feels sick the frame and all are solid. Handles sweet and well balanced in the air. for now new brakes and a cheap 1x10 to get rid of the noise factory and were in business. More photos when I can actually get it going...

I was worried more about the fork than anything being it is a Pike 327(?) solo air 140mm. It is apparently a stripped down Pike for this bike. But all in all its not so bad, no reason to chuck it that's for sure. I am going to try and short shock it with my monarch plus since I have it just siting around and see if the peddle switch helps out a little on the up stuff.

It really didn't cost me anything so far either as I was given a Keggerator which I sold for 600 and then I scrapped some metal for the rest. All in all I am pretty damn stoked on my new free bike! (relatively free anyway)

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 6:32 Quote
Ha! yeah Rob-C the guy I got it from was a UK man. The brakes are so terrible (as in non existent) That it took me a minute to figure it out I was going to leave them for a fun challenge but my brain kept squeezing the front in all the wrong places! the trail I was on is a fast jumpy turny bermy one and I couldn't think fast enough about the switch up.
Funny thing is I have rode moto since I was ten but the bike memory is different. left for me is a clutch and without the foot brake my mind goes numb...Smile

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
Sorry for the crappy pics but Tiger Mountain just outside of Seattle...The newest Trail here is "Off the grid" and it is nothing short of epic. Wish I could have gotten some pics of the really gnarly shit but I couldn't bring myself to slow down...It's about 2000 feet plus elevation gain in three miles and just under ten miles on the way back down...

OTG
  OTG

some beautiful trail work going on at Tiger these days.
  some beautiful trail work going on at Tiger these days.

OTG
  OTG

Hesher s first ride
  Hesher's first ride

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 17:22 Quote
Paradise valley

Typical Rooty corner at Paradise Valley
  Typical Rooty corner at Paradise Valley

Wooden Snake at Paradise Valley
  Wooden Snake at Paradise Valley

Drop on Cedar Run
  Drop on Cedar Run

On One Hiding in the moss...
  On One Hiding in the moss...

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 19:24 Quote
Damn I want to go there. Does that place get ridden much?

A shot from my ride today, a few miles around Lime Ridge.

photo

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 19:39 Quote
Nice zone. A fair bit but still a little top secret...I think a lot of people stay out cause it is often referred to as "that place with all the roots?"

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 19:45 Quote
Not a bad thing in my book haha. Kinda reminds me of Rockville Park and how it's "too rocky." Rolleyes I'd love to have a go on those trails. I like the forested stuff like that better than the open trails. As long as it's a trail I'll ride it though.

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 20:02 Quote
I really want to ride those places look beautiful!

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
Totally I love gnarly technical stuff super fun challenge...Mathematical mountain biking...this place is funny though usually I hit my junk at least once because inevitably there is a simultaneous front rear tire root combo that shuts me down...

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
Perfect moment for a numb front flip a la Danny haha yeah those places are a hell of fun!

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 20:31 Quote
Sone one pulling that on a trail woul make my mind explode

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024058
Mobile Version of Website