What's the strongest brake for DH.

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the strongest brake for DH.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 9:14 Quote
yeah i agree hope moto v2 is the best.Big Grin got it before.

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 10:31 Quote
Hope Mono 6

I've got the mono6s with koolstop and I think they are the best...

f*cking hayes hfx nine ! Whip

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 18:25 Quote
I would get hope mono m6's or some v2's or maby even codes.Whatever you do do not get gustavs.They are supposed to have the most stopping power of any bake but they feel like v-brakes.First of all the there huge in size ,the caliber is big the lever is big. Second parts for them are very hard to get and you will need them.The resivoir is platic so one good crash and there gone.But i'm glad to see that you were considering hopes and there wasnt a hayes brake on your list.So what if hopes are a little expensive you'll won't regret buying them.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 18:51 Quote
trekrules wrote:
mafu wrote:
What is the powerfull disc brake on the market?

The most powerfull disc brake on the market is from Gatorbrake,there 8 piston brakes with the titanium plated gold rotors,Formula 1 hose made out off kevlar,Moto look caliper,4 small pistons and 4 large pistons.If you wanted the most extreme brake on the market this is the brake for you.

did you copy that off the website, or do you just work for them? id stay away from those, they are very heavy and expensive and more pistons are just more things that could go wrong with the brake. i havent ever used them and as far as i know, no one has. they are a show item only in my opinion (who would honestly use a gold brakeset?) id stick with something more tried and true such as codes or hope m4s.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
ive been running my carbons all summer with a 6" rotor in the rear and a shimano 8" 203mm rotor up front and i have never had any problems with power or fade, id go with avids, they feel the nicest and are super easy to service and by far the easiest to set up thanks to tri align and the pad contact/lever position adjusting. just set up your levers parallel with the bars when you want the most power and your set, you get the most leverage that way and your finger isnt reaching that far to get the lever in the first place

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 11:08 Quote
photo

Hope Mono M6...I love them and it's a shit load of stopping power...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012801
Mobile Version of Website