Powered by Outside

Official Pink Bike 2016 DH World CUP Fantasy League

PB Forum :: Downhill
Official Pink Bike 2016 DH World CUP Fantasy League
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 4:44 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
The league refreshed and everything is looking good. I also just accepted about 6 more requests to get in so if your were worried it didn't work you are probably in now.
I can see already 10 teams, looks like I am 11th, is there any limit? I am into WC races for last 4 years so I really want to join Big Grin

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 6:48 Quote
I just accepted 5 more invites so all you guys should be in now. Stoked at the number of people we are getting in on this, should be a lot of fun. I am not sure if there is a limit on number of people that can join a mini league but maybe we will find out.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 6:54 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I just accepted 5 more invites so all you guys should be in now. Stoked at the number of people we are getting in on this, should be a lot of fun. I am not sure if there is a limit on number of people that can join a mini league but maybe we will find out.
Hopefully not, the more people - the more fun! Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:00 Quote
Looking at some of the teams people have put together is very interesting. Basically 2 strategies to take when you have a budget, either lots of middle of the road guys or the stars and scrubs approach. Basically get a few expensive guys and a few rally cheap ones. Also I would like to note I did see one team that had used their complete budget and just left one spot empty. Pretty sure you need to have all spots filled or else the system will disqualify you and give you a zero.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Looking at some of the teams people have put together is very interesting. Basically 2 strategies to take when you have a budget, either lots of middle of the road guys or the stars and scrubs approach. Basically get a few expensive guys and a few rally cheap ones. Also I would like to note I did see one team that had used their complete budget and just left one spot empty. Pretty sure you need to have all spots filled or else the system will disqualify you and give you a zero.

Yeah I tried to pick strategically. It's about getting solid results from all of your racers, and not just from one. (people who picked Gwin) lol

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:27 Quote
Just for fun you should try the "lucky dip" option where they just randomly generate a team for you. I have done it about 5 times and the results have been pretty interesting to say the least. lol

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:33 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

Yeah I tried to pick strategically. It's about getting solid results from all of your racers, and not just from one. (people who picked Gwin) lol
heres the thing, you already know gwin will podium almost every race, and he is the same price as most of the top tier riders.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:34 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

heres the thing, you already know gwin will podium almost every race, and he is the same price as most of the top tier riders.

I'm still skeptical judging by how he did the last time he got on a new team.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:35 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

have you seen the results he's been putting out this winter?

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:35 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:

have you seen the results he's been putting out this winter?

At local races on tracks that he rides regularly...

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:39 Quote
Joined - HighFlyers (hopefully) lol

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
Well I made my team. Good luck, bitches. You're gonna need it.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 8:01 Quote
We should all put in like 2$ and winner takes all
Razz

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 8:06 Quote
Some decent looking teams coming together, strategy wise I knew basically out of the top 5 women on the list 3 of those 5 are always going to be on the box ( Razz ) and for the guys I picked 2 guys who are fast and itching for podiums this year, and then 2 loose c*unts for the remaining mens positions. This will be cool though to see how it shapes up.

Im guessing once the season starts your team is locked in, and then the 2 "transfers" you have give you 2 chances throughout the season to make a substitution? In case of injury or whatever.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 8:06 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
We should all put in like 2$ and winner takes all
Razz

Haha yea! Need like a paypal pool kinda thing where we can all send 2 or 5 bucks into it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013583
Mobile Version of Website