Powered by Outside

marzocchi shiver help!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
marzocchi shiver help!
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 6:05 Quote
RiZZleRaZZ wrote:
i need some help with my setup. basically last time i rode i flipped over the bars because the tire hit the bottom crown. after measuring and adjusting, the whole front end, i came to realize that the upper and lower crowns are too far apart. so im pretty sure i need to get a different headset, one that is thinner. any help or input would be great.
RiZZleRaZZ... I am sorry... after reading and rereading this entire thread... too many suggestions about what needs to be done(integrated headset... who said that?)thye stem I could see... anyway... to get a better answer... more precise that is... you need to ask a more detailed question... truly... the og question is a lil vague... and if you hit the tire on the lower crown... you need a longer trtavel fork... or learn how to NOT bottom out... What the hell were you doing that you would bottom out the fork? Jumping to flat?

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
no it wasnt bombing some huge drop to flat, it was a jump where you roll down a hill then shoot out at the bottom. basically a big g-out. im gonna try a new headset, and if that doesnt work, then ill have to not be a fat ass i guess.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
how do you adjust shiver forks?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 5:16 Quote
What you need is a dropcrown for your shiver and they DO exist cause I have one! Dunno what the other people who replied are on but if you tire is touching the bottom crown you need to drop you fork further. Since your flat crown is already on the limit you need a drop crown. Changing to a lower height headset will help but only if you only need a few more mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031252
Mobile Version of Website