Powered by Outside

888 ATA WC settings

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
888 ATA WC settings
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
fantaman wrote:
me2menow wrote:
fantaman wrote:
I run zero air pressure into the PAR chamber and 30psi into the ATA Chamber,other wise it feels to rigid for me,
allow me to educate you.

main is the first part of the fork's stroke

PAR is progressive air resistance making the 2nd part of the fork's stroke. this simulates and reduses "ramp" to make a oil like linear feel.

without one or the ther properly set, you are sincerely f*cked.

the reason why it feels "stiff" is because it isnt broken in, you arent going fast enough (remember the rc3), or maybe the volume adjust and compression are out of whack.

try 50 main, 60-70 par
trust me

well last season i run it with the same 30psi in ATA and zero in PAR,absolutly plush no problems,it has new oil so it would feel a litle bit stiff but i need to ride more.Trust me i run this setting during the whole season last year
your fork will encounter a short lifetime and wont perform to its potential if you continue your setup, but hey, its your fork

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
me2menow wrote:
fantaman wrote:
me2menow wrote:
allow me to educate you.

main is the first part of the fork's stroke

PAR is progressive air resistance making the 2nd part of the fork's stroke. this simulates and reduses "ramp" to make a oil like linear feel.

without one or the ther properly set, you are sincerely f*cked.

the reason why it feels "stiff" is because it isnt broken in, you arent going fast enough (remember the rc3), or maybe the volume adjust and compression are out of whack.

try 50 main, 60-70 par
trust me

well last season i run it with the same 30psi in ATA and zero in PAR,absolutly plush no problems,it has new oil so it would feel a litle bit stiff but i need to ride more.Trust me i run this setting during the whole season last year
your fork will encounter a short lifetime and wont perform to its potential if you continue your setup, but hey, its your fork

yeah but i will add the pressure up to 50 these day's,see how it preforms

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
and dont forget the par! lol

FL
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
hey guys, do you know if you run 2.5w or 5w oil in your forks? I find mine a little sticky, I guess it's because the fork is back from warranty..right?

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
Freeride321 wrote:
hey guys, do you know if you run 2.5w or 5w oil in your forks? I find mine a little sticky, I guess it's because the fork is back from warranty..right?
i think i have 7 in mine actually
i think 5 should be as low as youd want to go though

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
me2menow wrote:
Freeride321 wrote:
i think i have 7 in mine actually
i think 5 should be as low as youd want to go though

more like 7.5 w

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 13:57 Quote
ive got a problem with mine. when i put air in the bottom chamber, and then go to the top to put air in, it has the same pressure as i just put in the bottm.

also it sounds like its topping out. can someone please help me out?

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 6:13 Quote
bluemountainlover wrote:
ive got a problem with mine. when i put air in the bottom chamber, and then go to the top to put air in, it has the same pressure as i just put in the bottm.

also it sounds like its topping out. can someone please help me out?

the bottom needs to have MORE pressure than the top

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 6:14 Quote
I was wondering if anyone has noticed if there is a bit of play between the uppers and lowers, i just wanted to make sure that is normal or i need to get it fixed.

thanks

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
banshee62 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has noticed if there is a bit of play between the uppers and lowers, i just wanted to make sure that is normal or i need to get it fixed.

thanks
play?

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
me2menow wrote:
banshee62 wrote:

thanks
play?

as in where the stantions go into the lowers maybe,if not tighten up those clamp bolts.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
lol, theres a mod right above you
i got banned for 3 days for saying faggit once Confused

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
damn dude that sucks for you haha!!!!!!!!! im just speaking the truth

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
me2menow wrote:
lol, theres a mod right above you
i got banned for 3 days for saying faggit once Confused

i just cess the childish stuff to be honest.

a lot would determine on your previous warnings/suspensions.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
konaracer91 wrote:
damn dude that sucks for you haha!!!!!!!!! im just speaking the truth
no, you spoke you opinion(?)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017600
Mobile Version of Website