Powered by Outside

Coil shock on 153 process?

PB Forum :: Kona
Coil shock on 153 process?
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
my new ohlins coil finally came in.

If anyone is interested in a Super Deluxe Air that comes on the CR process 153 shoot me a message.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 15:16 Quote
Cool! Photo or it is not true. I have the Process 153 CR and will be interested to know what you think of your new shock.
richsoffar wrote:

If anyone is interested in a Super Deluxe Air that comes on the CR process 153 shoot me a message.

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 20:32 Quote
Windsurf wrote:
Cool! Photo or it is not true. I have the Process 153 CR and will be interested to know what you think of your new shock.
richsoffar wrote:

I had the same shock on my 2015 process 153 and loved it. Stoked to try it out on the new more progressive curve

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 22:50 Quote
So is that a proper right sized trunnion metric shock? Didn't no anyone was doing good ones yet only rockshox junk. Tbh hoping for a cc inline coil as there aren't any decents long enough in UK to warrant a piggy back shock.
Might have a look at new one next year when prices drop to more realistic numbers.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:37 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
So is that a proper right sized trunnion metric shock? Didn't no anyone was doing good ones yet only rockshox junk. Tbh hoping for a cc inline coil as there aren't any decents long enough in UK to warrant a piggy back shock.
Might have a look at new one next year when prices drop to more realistic numbers.

Yeah this is the proper size. Ive been talking to ohlins for a long while about em as I had one on my last process and knew I wanted another.. The 205/60 sizes literally just came into the US last week

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 13:44 Quote
richsoffar wrote:
Yeah this is the proper size. Ive been talking to ohlins for a long while about em as I had one on my last process and knew I wanted another.. The 205/60 sizes literally just came into the US last week

I'm running a 205 x 62.5 DPX2 on my 153CR and clearance is totally fine giving about 160mm travel. I'd love to try a coil going forward though as I prefer the feel.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 14:44 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
richsoffar wrote:

I'm running a 205 x 62.5 DPX2 on my 153CR and clearance is totally fine giving about 160mm travel. I'd love to try a coil going forward though as I prefer the feel.

thats interesting, we discussed a 205x65 a while ago for mine as ohlins had that size when they released the trunnion mount shock. It was decided best to wait. Nice to hear that 62.5 is clearing everything for ya

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
Hi, can anyone tell me what sized bushings they used when putting a Vivid RC2 onto a Kona 153 please? And is a second bushing needed on the bottom end of the shock (Connecting to the yoke) too? The screw on the original shock just passed through the eyelet, but the eyelet on the RC2 is too small to use that screw.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 8:29 Quote
jezzer777 wrote:
Hi, can anyone tell me what sized bushings they used when putting a Vivid RC2 onto a Kona 153 please? And is a second bushing needed on the bottom end of the shock (Connecting to the yoke) too? The screw on the original shock just passed through the eyelet, but the eyelet on the RC2 is too small to use that screw.

Thanks in advance.

The shock likely has a DU bushing in it which most frames require on both eyelets. 2017 and earlier processes do not use a DU bushing on the yoke side, so it must be pressed out.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 13:03 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
jezzer777 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The shock likely has a DU bushing in it which most frames require on both eyelets. 2017 and earlier processes do not use a DU bushing on the yoke side, so it must be pressed out.

Ah. Cheers Buggr333 Any tips on getting one out? It looks pretty tight.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
Bench vice and some conveniently sized sockets. One socket the right size to push it, the other one to catch it on the other side. Or bring it into a bike shop. Any reasonable shop should be able to make quick work of it.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 22:31 Quote
Other idea seeing as the Bush will probably get damaged being removed anyway and isn't needed, is be very careful and use a junior hacksaw to cut it out. Don't need a spare as the top bush never wears out.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 7:00 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
Other idea seeing as the Bush will probably get damaged being removed anyway and isn't needed, is be very careful and use a junior hacksaw to cut it out. Don't need a spare as the top bush never wears out.

Cheers guys. I ended up buying a tool for £10 from offsetbushings.com worked a treat, and couldn’t be easier. They also sent the correct bushing for the other end just based on make and model of the frame and shock. Sorted.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 4:50 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
richsoffar wrote:

Mrtroodles - I have just bought a 153 AL 29 XL and am thinking of trying a longer stroke 62.5 DHX2 coil. How much clearance do you have on your frame from the seat stay bridge to the seat tube? And what size frame do you have? Seems I have about 15mm at full compression so worried its going to be tight

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
Anarhichas wrote:
Anarhichas wrote:

Just throwing this out here, if someone comes here looking for some tips for a tune. I just found the sweet spot for gravity enduro. I weigh 82kg in bikepark gear (fullface, kneepads, Leatt airfit tee) and went with 500lbs coil. 1.5 turns of preload, bottom out adjust done in 1.75 turns, air pressure 225psi. HSC 7 clicks, LSC 5-6 (depending on size of g-outs) and rebound 7 (all from full open).
225psi air pressure and the bottom out adjust gives nice deep-mid travel support, which gives you something to pump and work against while retaining a supple top.
So so so sweet and scary fast.

Just got hold of vector coil hlr for my process thanks to this forum and as i weigh almost the same set it up identical as a base tune, its sweet!!
Can you tell me if the bottom out adjuster and valve is removable, as mine has not come with that part on and is just an open metal end with a small black capin the middle with what looks like a port. The sticker on it is x fusion R and D (was owned by a former ibis rider) and says do not open, and it doesn't feel like it needs much more progression (i had 7 bands in the monarch plus), which makes me think its already factory tuned. ideally would get the new part if available but x fusion support seem confused as to what im after.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029023
Mobile Version of Website