Powered by Outside

New Hub, A clicky one

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New Hub, A clicky one
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
sergibighit wrote:
actualy the hope pro 2 is MILES louder than the sunringle disc jockey because i have a pro 2 and my mate has a sunringle and my pro 2 absolutely drowns out the sunringle disc jockey!

beat me to it mate!....but as i said earlier...if your not riding with someone who has a pro 2 hub....its a fairly loud hub is the disc jockey

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
They are actually just as loud but because the disc jockey is not as great quality so they are greased up meaning some clickyness is lost whereas the pro2 is engineered to perfection and needs no grease, its kinda pot luck whatever disc jockey you get because I had a disc jockey and it was just as loud as my mates pro2 Salute but I will beleive that your pro2 drowns out your mates disc jockey because of greasingSmile

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
mine wasnt as loud when i first got it as it is now which i guess means the grease has pretty much run out....

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
tgunn wrote:
mine wasnt as loud when i first got it as it is now which i guess means the grease has pretty much run out....

Yeah if its a disc jockey, no if its a pro2 if its a pro2 the teeth hav just bedded to the ratchet size but there woulda been a slight bit of grease in there so possibly. lol I have a clicky shimano deore cos its bee ridden so much lol

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
Pro II Trials are stupidly loud with the 48t ratchet.

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
-Jam3s- wrote:
Pro II Trials are stupidly loud with the 48t ratchet.

yea....have one of those on my p1 as the old hub and rim were shit!

will get a vid of it up just so you can hear the difference between the disc jockey on my big hit and the pro 2 trials on my p1...

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
if u want a sexy sounding hub ge he chris king, gets louder and louder as i gets faster

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
tbh....i've ridden a king.....and after getting the pro 2......the only thing ur paying for with a chris king is the warranty and the name....i'll admit they sound amazing...but 250 quid for a rear hub?.....

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
I think that Chris King is probably not in your price range(if it is get it for sure) but Hadley hubs are very nice and not as expensive a King. Hope Pro 2 will do very well, as they are cheap, loud, light and durable. If you can get King go for the singlespeed ones, the front has no rotor mount, so you'll save some weight and they'll last for ever! (sam for Hadley, but the front always has the mount)

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
go for a halo djd u cant beet um

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
i could've got a king if i wanted to....but i'm quite hard on my back wheels....so i'd rather be hard on a 150 quid back wheel than a 300 quid back wheel....cant say i've ridden a hadley...how much they go for ?

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
tgunn wrote:
i could've got a king if i wanted to....but i'm quite hard on my back wheels....so i'd rather be hard on a 150 quid back wheel than a 300 quid back wheel....cant say i've ridden a hadley...how much they go for ?
I'm not sure in pounds but here in Canada they go for about 50 less than the Kings, so 400. THis price seems to vary quite a bit though. As for durability, Kings are super strong with about 100$ worth of upgrades. However Hadley is definitely meant for more abuse. Just BTW for those who are reading this, I run both Kings and Hadleys on my bikes

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
ur all so so so wronng,

if ur mtb has bmx rear spacing the best hub by far is a profile mini
its so the engagements are so loud and quick it sounds like a hissing noise

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
bdotm wrote:
ur all so so so wronng,

Have you ever heard a King hub? Those are quick

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 5:58 Quote
-sartom- wrote:
bdotm wrote:
ur all so so so wronng,

Have you ever heard a King hub? Those are quick

Have you ever heard of a halo supa drive? 120 to the ratchet

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015570
Mobile Version of Website