Powered by Outside

Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!

PB Forum :: Knolly
Delirium as a Full On DH BEAST!
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
I haven't ordered anything or inquired about the custom bushing cost.

There's a post over at mtbr about the longshocking / using offset bushings on the deli.

One of the members over there is using only the one 22mm 2mm offset bushing. I asked why just the one, and he responded with:
[I]"More than 2mm will cause contact between the link and seat-tube according to Knolly."

I'm out of town for work for a couple weeks, so I'm unable to do any measurements and determine if that actually is the case.

I'm a bit concerned with how much higher my bb would be as well as the head tube angle being higher (especially with just the one offset bushing).

I'm going to look into it further, and also try to dial in my normal length ccdb air a bit better and then decide if I should go for the longshock route.

How is that possible?

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
dchill wrote:
Bluewater87 wrote:

There's a post over at mtbr about the longshocking / using offset bushings on the deli.

One of the members over there is using only the one 22mm 2mm offset bushing. I asked why just the one, and he responded with:
[I]"More than 2mm will cause contact between the link and seat-tube according to Knolly."

I'm out of town for work for a couple weeks, so I'm unable to do any measurements and determine if that actually is the case.

I'm a bit concerned with how much higher my bb would be as well as the head tube angle being higher (especially with just the one offset bushing).

I'm going to look into it further, and also try to dial in my normal length ccdb air a bit better and then decide if I should go for the longshock route.

How is that possible?

Even with just the single 2mm offset bushing, the link comes very close to the seat tube at full compression. I believe my link has actually contacted the seat tube once for me in a heavy huck to flat bottom out. This was with the standard 8.5x2.5 shock.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
dchill wrote:
Bluewater87 wrote:

How is that possible?

Even with just the single 2mm offset bushing, the link comes very close to the seat tube at full compression. I believe my link has actually contacted the seat tube once for me in a heavy huck to flat bottom out. This was with the standard 8.5x2.5 shock.

I test fitted my DHX2 in slack setting with both offset bushings and no spring and still have 3/4 of an inch between the link and seat tube. this is with an 8,75x2.75

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
photo

Temporary park setup. Still trying to decide on which DC fork to go with

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
dchill wrote:
photo

Temporary park setup. Still trying to decide on which DC fork to go with

Don't wait too long with the DC decision. That is the way running a Delirium

photo

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
Can't get enough of this Smile

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024994
Mobile Version of Website