Powered by Outside

The New Furious

PB Forum :: Commencal
The New Furious
Posted: Dec 6, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
Now that the new Furious is on the market for a while, how do you like it?

The Furious is currently at the top of my list. Somebody also happened to the 2018 version with the Metric shock?

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
mikescrubs wrote:

The Furious is currently at the top of my list. Somebody also happened to the 2018 version with the Metric shock?

Look at the post above this is the 2018 bike with the metric shock. I like the bike alot really nimble ( as far as a DH bike can be )

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:21 Quote
What is it about the geometry that makes this bike nimble? 440mm chainstays and long wheelbase don’t tell the whole story? Is it the way the suspension is designed?

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 14:13 Quote
Well guys, im considering a Furious, as my next Race/Freeride bike. Im 5ft10, so that means im at the top end of the medium size, or bottom end of the large size.. I currently ride a large transition patrol...
Having read through the thread i get the impression its worth sizing up? Opinions please Smile

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Well guys, im considering a Furious, as my next Race/Freeride bike. Im 5ft10, so that means im at the top end of the medium size, or bottom end of the large size.. I currently ride a large transition patrol...
Having read through the thread i get the impression its worth sizing up? Opinions please Smile

At $2200, its a helluva deal.

Which do you prefer more, racing or freeride? Go smaller for jumping and messin’ around, go longer if you want more stability at speed

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 14:58 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

At $2200, its a helluva deal.

Which do you prefer more, racing or freeride? Go smaller for jumping and messin’ around, go longer if you want more stability at speed

I love both, so couldn't say what I'd prefer. Racing the British National Series this year, but also wanting to ride a lot of bike park

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 4:04 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

Hi! i have the same problem (1,79m), and after a lot of reflexion, geometry compararaisons, and friends opinions, I choose the L size, even for freeriding. I'll put a Spank Spike DM stem (25-30mm) instead of the stock 50mm stem if the bike is too long.
I'll buy it as soon as I sell my M size Wilson.

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 5:03 Quote
Iám 179cm's and ride the Large frame with a 30mm stem its feel perfect. I do have to say that the sizing is different then there older bikes, my friend rides a Supreme DH V3 ( 2015 model i think) also in large but when i sit on it its feels a lot smaller then the Furious. Maby they made there bikes a little bigger over the years i dont know.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 2:14 Quote
I love it. Its heavy, stiff and stable. Just perfect for high speed massive jumps.

mikescrubs wrote:

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
Furious
  Furious

Furious
  Furious

Furious
  Furious
Hey! I just received my new bike, it's a 2018 origin with some upgrades (saddle, stem, singlespeed).
I'm 1m79 and i bought a Large size (with a 30mm stem instead of 50) and it fits perfectly.

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
Sick bike bruv thats the green right ?? Hows that shock riding its look so small for a downhill bike.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:
Sick bike bruv thats the green right ?? Hows that shock riding its look so small for a downhill bike.

First ride on a local track today, with some roots and rocks, jumps and fast sections. The shox feels smooth af, it's realy impressive. I felt a lack of "pop" in the landings but i think that adding more pressure will fix this.
I only heard good things about this shock

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:
Finished building my baby today Commencal Furious 2018 really happy with how it came out. It's a very roomy bike iám 180cm's and ride a Large frame got plenty of space with the 30mm stem

photo
photo
photo

That Furious, is a beauty !
How did you put a ccdb on the 2018 Furious because this frame need a 250x75 shock and I can't find any ccdb with those specs.
I'm not familiar with boost standard, so maybe there is a thing I don't understand

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 12:57 Quote
The shock was 222x70 ( came off my other DH bike) and sent it to TFTUNNED in the UK to make it the size i need.U can order the cane creek shock of the Commencal website in metric i think same the fox coil shock

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 3:29 Quote
Hey guys. I too have a 2018 furious origin
Bought it about 3 months ago now.
Its a xl (I'm 191cm) feels good for room but would like some more. Have done a few upgrades/replacements
Let me know what you think.
photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028077
Mobile Version of Website