Powered by Outside

Leatt brace fitted with DH gear

PB Forum :: Downhill
Leatt brace fitted with DH gear
O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 17:41 Quote
ya, havent heard too much good about the astar braces, and they are pricey. and they are really uncomfortable, and i didnt even notice the collarbone thing. leatt is the way to go.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 18:07 Quote
motostu93 wrote:
kinda the wrong thread but here it goes:

anybody use either two of the Alpinestars Bionic neck braces? im having trouble figuring out what size to get. i used the sizing chart on the a starts website but it doesn't really seem very accurate. im 6'4" 170lbs. it says i need a size small or maybe a medium. im pretty skinny so the charts recommends a small. idk just doesn't seem like thats right. anybody have a A-stars brace? if so what size and whats you weight and height and chest circumference.
Thanks in advance
I just got the large Alpinestars. I'm 5'10, 210 with a 44" chest. The size is border line too big, based on the fitting instructions. I must say it is light and I cant tell it's there.
photo

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 18:13 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
motostu93 wrote:
kinda the wrong thread but here it goes:

anybody use either two of the Alpinestars Bionic neck braces? im having trouble figuring out what size to get. i used the sizing chart on the a starts website but it doesn't really seem very accurate. im 6'4" 170lbs. it says i need a size small or maybe a medium. im pretty skinny so the charts recommends a small. idk just doesn't seem like thats right. anybody have a A-stars brace? if so what size and whats you weight and height and chest circumference.
Thanks in advance
I just got the large Alpinestars. I'm 5'10, 210 with a 44" chest. The size is border line too big, based on the fitting instructions. I must say it is light and I cant tell it's there.
photo
thansk for the info. sounds like small or maybe medium for me.

Posted: May 30, 2010 at 17:03 Quote
hey i know im kinda thread digging wat ever but what body armor works with the leatt. i know 661 and knox but is that it?? i really like poc and dainese. anyone got any feedback?

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 16:54 Quote
i got a leatt, when you use it with a spine protector, like 661 or any other brand, you have to cut off or remove (if possiblle) the top part because it makes the leatt too high towards the back. i ride my bike setup pretty low to the front so my helmet hits the back of the leatt brace too often making it uncomfortable. i cut off the top 3 ''vertebrae'' on my 661 back piece so to make the top stop just under where the leatt finishes

hopefully you can find a setup that works for you too

P.S. if my comment isn't clear, don't hesitate to ask for more info

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 19:44 Quote
the 661 core saver is designed to be used with the leatt brace

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:17 Quote
i don_t have a core saver it's the back piece from a 661 full body armour

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
Hey just a quick question,

I just got my new brace, and it seems like it sits too far back on my chest?

Ive tried absolutely everything, tried all the sized pins.

Heres a pic :

photo

The brace is a DBX Ride.

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
rejean wrote:
i got a leatt, when you use it with a spine protector, like 661 or any other brand, you have to cut off or remove (if possiblle) the top part because it makes the leatt too high towards the back. i ride my bike setup pretty low to the front so my helmet hits the back of the leatt brace too often making it uncomfortable. i cut off the top 3 ''vertebrae'' on my 661 back piece so to make the top stop just under where the leatt finishes

hopefully you can find a setup that works for you too

P.S. if my comment isn't clear, don't hesitate to ask for more info
My Leatt is a little of small side any armour i wear underneath makes it ride up my neck. I'm thinking about getting a roost guard. any experience with that?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.374530
Mobile Version of Website