Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Crazy braking idea, but it is possible.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Crazy braking idea, but it is possible.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
how bout them jays?

I don't follow baseball. D: Hows 'bout dem Cedric Gracias?

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:
how bout them jays?

I don't follow baseball. D: Hows 'bout dem Cedric Gracias?

I don't follow biking. How 'bout dem NASCAR's?

(fully joking here)

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
Him doing fine I'm assuming.

Nascar! no comment

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
i got really good air on friday. more than usual and it was really fast. so i landed but didnt do frot brake cos i knew i'd go over bars and skidded into a tree. ruddy hurt.Confused Cry

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
Speaking of Cedric, anyone gone through the paper version of the commencal 07 catalog? Got the old one from my shop, it's more of a team photo book than a bike catalog. Actually really nice to flip through.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Speaking of Cedric, anyone gone through the paper version of the commencal 07 catalog? Got the old one from my shop, it's more of a team photo book than a bike catalog. Actually really nice to flip through.
no, but have you fliped through the 08 santa cruz catalog? i did the other day and i'm liking the bb style pivot on the bullit.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:
no, but have you fliped through the 08 santa cruz catalog? i did the other day and i'm liking the bb style pivot on the bullit.

Yeah, but that's all for the bikes. It's a good catalog, but try to grab a commencal catalog, really nicely made.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:21 Quote
I tend to only grab the Devinci one. But, the last couple of years they've been crap. Last year's was photoshoped throughout. This year bike pictures don't match the spec and they've been super slow with the paper copies. I've seen mainly CD versions. They did a band up job in 04/05.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Yeah, but that's all for the bikes. It's a good catalog, but try to grab a commencal catalog, really nicely made.
it's a little hard to get one where i am. the closet dealer isn't even in this country. Canada is closer than new mexico for me.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
Very true. Devinci makes nice bikes, but damn, gotta learn to advertise.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
Anti lock is only good for cornering.. That is the only place it makes any real sense as it keeps the vehicle stable under breaking during lateral forces. ABS is available on motorcycles and it is S**T.. Same as the Anti-dive systems they are a waste of time too.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
Thank you davey for getting us back on track.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
i know this is kinda outta place, but if i learn over the bars, my bront tire doesnt lock up, and if i lean all the way back, my rear won't lock, not even all the way both ways. when i am in the middle, front doesn't really lock up, but rear can.

juicy thrrees.

im pretty sure you could ifll up your system with j ust enouhg oil to make it hard enough to skid when you wanna, but soft enough to keep the tires rolling

( im talking abuot 60 km/h to stop )

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
Your rear will always lock up given enough braking force.. Thats the laws of physics I'm afraid Smile Front will only lock up on a lose or very sipery surface, the weight transfer under breaking normally causes a weight transfer and with enough force finally the inevitable endo Smile

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Him doing fine I'm assuming.

Nascar! no comment

I don't follow NASCAR. How 'bout that lawn mower racers!

Yeah, I think this thread is dead.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017183
Mobile Version of Website