2018 Scott Genius Shock Replacement

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2018 Scott Genius Shock Replacement
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
Yeah the initial price seems really good from America but then you'll get stung on the taxes.

You may find you don't need to make any major changes to make the shock fit but its highly likely that you'll have to remove the LSC knob.

Rockshox have really brought their suspension up to the mark in the last few years. I was always a fox guy but since having the super deluxe air and now the coil I'm really impressed. The Lyrik is an amazing fork as well. If you ever get chance to go full rockshox, do it!

FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 4:51 Quote
iv heard about the dvo topaz, did someone mange to fit it to a genius frame?

FL
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
danielgozlan wrote:
iv heard about the dvo topaz, did someone mange to fit it to a genius frame?

I've seen Absalon's Genius with the Suntour Triair which is really similar to the Topaz

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
What about the new Fox Float X?? That might have a chance as it's rebound and compression levers have been moved compared to the DPX2.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 0:23 Quote
Hey guys, I know it’s been a while since this thread was used but just wondering if a 2021 fox float dps 205x65 would fit in my large Scott genius 2018.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
I have a 2018 Genius 700 tuned and found out that on Ohlins Website you can fit both their air and coil shock on the 2018 Genius. I saw a thread on MTBR where someone mentioned this. https://www.mtbr.com/threads/genius-shock-options.1139301/

https://www.ohlinsusa.com/parts/scott/genius/2018

Anybody done this??

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Jetbenny wrote:
I have a 2018 Genius 700 tuned and found out that on Ohlins Website you can fit both their air and coil shock on the 2018 Genius. I saw a thread on MTBR where someone mentioned this. https://www.mtbr.com/threads/genius-shock-options.1139301/

https://www.ohlinsusa.com/parts/scott/genius/2018

Anybody done this??

I seen that as well. But damn that is one expensive shock!!! Lol

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
RileyRides05 wrote:
Hey guys, I know it’s been a while since this thread was used but just wondering if a 2021 fox float dps 205x65 would fit in my large Scott genius 2018.

Just in case you haven't already found your answer, it won't, the Genius takes a 185x55mm shock.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
MaximosFBG wrote:
I shortened the LSC lever on my Super Deluxe RCT and it works really well. Just wished I could fit a coil.....any word on different brands that might work? Marzocchi?

How did you shortened it?
Did you print one or shaved off some of the original one?

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
benno92 wrote:
Yes I do.. I found that on my genius even with the LSC knob removed the shock was still dangerously close to the frame at full bottom out, far too close for comfort. Plus the fact it annoyed me that I couldn't easily adjust the compression. Luckily for me I'm a mechanical engineer and have access to machines and CAD facilities so I came up with this little block to lift the piggy back 10mm up and 6mm off the shock. It was tricky to do and I was worried about oil flow and air pressure but its been on for nearly a year now and I've had no issues whatsoever! So I'm very sorry its not an off the shelf item unfortunately.

Do you still have the file by any chance?

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
I might have actually. What file type can you use? .iges or .stp usually works depending on your cad system?

FL
Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 19:58 Quote
I took a punt on an Ohlins TTX2 Air - I knew fitment would be tight, was planning on using the flip chip and an offset bearing to squeeze it in but it doesn't fit in the cradle at the bottom, the transverse reservoir didn't make it in as it tapers into the downtube. Couldn't even get the trunnion bolts in. So that was a shame, but I tried. Cool

Super deluxe ordered.

PS, I have the 2021 930 XL Carbon/Alloy - it dont get any bigger, haha

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
Did anyone try the Fox DPX2 on a Genius +2021 (carbon frame)?

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 19:43 Quote
mepmarcelo wrote:
Did anyone try the Fox DPX2 on a Genius +2021 (carbon frame)?

Looking for the same answers. 2021 carbon/alloy love the bike but need some extra support in the back.
Will the dpx2, new float X with the relocated dials or even the new bomber air with the tilted piggyback fit?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025263
Mobile Version of Website