Powered by Outside

Post your Guerrilla Gravity!

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
Post your Guerrilla Gravity!
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
chacou wrote:
So, where's GG moving to? No longer the local bike mfg, Frown I guess. I'm wondering if they're headed to Texas? For some odd reason...

Who says they're moving?

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
Explodo wrote:
chacou wrote:
So, where's GG moving to? No longer the local bike mfg, Frown I guess. I'm wondering if they're headed to Texas? For some odd reason...

Who says they're moving?

They just sent out an email this afternoon. But I misread, it's two truths and a lie.
"
But WHERE is GG moving to?
How 'bout for now, we give you two truths and a lie...

1. The new location is 6x the size of our original factory.
2. The new location will feature a stage, bar, and room for a dance party.
3. The new location is not in Colorado.

...We hope you guess right.
"

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 7:45 Quote
I'm going to guess that the lie is the "not in Colorado".

It's not hard to find space that was previously used as a legion post or events location that has a stage and dance floor and bar.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
Explodo wrote:

It's not hard to find space that was previously used as a legion post or events location that has a stage and dance floor and bar.

I'd agree, I do wonder if they'll be staying in Denver proper. The spot right by Mile High is great, but it's getting so gentrified and turning into all condos, yoga studios, and coffee shops not much room to grow manufacturing capacity there. Maybe they'll end up north or east where space is much cheaper. Nice to hear they're expanding production! ...or maybe they'll head out to GJ area, apparently Mesa County has some pretty good incentives and is trying to attract businesses from Denver to relocate.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:29 Quote
chacou wrote:
Explodo wrote:

I'd agree, I do wonder if they'll be staying in Denver proper. The spot right by Mile High is great, but it's getting so gentrified and turning into all condos, yoga studios, and coffee shops not much room to grow manufacturing capacity there. Maybe they'll end up north or east where space is much cheaper. Nice to hear they're expanding production! ...or maybe they'll head out to GJ area, apparently Mesa County has some pretty good incentives and is trying to attract businesses from Denver to relocate.

Their current location just has no room to grow and I find it unlikely that they own the building considering it's across the street from Mile High. I hope they move out to the Arvada/Golden area. I see a GG van driving around out here often enough to think that it's a possibility. I don't think they'd want to move to East Denver because then you're just too far from any riding.

I'm near White Ranch, so I hope they move out here closer to me.

I wish I could move to the GJ area.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
Explodo - I am with you, I'd be STOKED to see them move closer to the Golden area! It would make me want to buy a new GG (finally)! (both my Pistola and Mega are metal and still running fantastic... just getting the new bike itch recently)

Mattyhawk - I freakin' love that color scheme you did. Nice work! I would want to copy it if I pull the trigger after they move and start production up again (but I already have LightBicycle wheels that are Grey - might have to ask for blue stickers if I did it!).

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 20:50 Quote
COmoose wrote:

Mattyhawk - I freakin' love that color scheme you did. Nice work! I would want to copy it if I pull the trigger after they move and start production up again (but I already have LightBicycle wheels that are Grey - might have to ask for blue stickers if I did it!).

Thanks, you can get custom stickers from Slik Graphics for light bicycle rims, Blue color (not light blue)

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
I was wondering if GG is making different bikes when they get set up or just the same ones as before? Anybody know? It would be really big change to start different bikes and location at the same time.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
joelsman wrote:
I was wondering if GG is making different bikes when they get set up or just the same ones as before? Anybody know? It would be really big change to start different bikes and location at the same time.

I'd be surprised. The Rev'd platform (front triangle) is pretty new and at that it took them a while to get all sizes of front triangle in production. I could see possibly offering aluminum models again when they're up and running at a bigger space, but I doubt they'd be in a position to launch a new Rev'd frame soon. But I'm just speculating, it would be cool if they'd offer up the GG/DH in AL again.

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 17:47 Quote
joelsman wrote:

My wife got an ad teasing two new bikes from GG today. It'll be interesting to see what they are.

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
Yes, the ad i saw mentioned new models but no info.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
Interesting, gotta keep an eye on my email for the dispatch.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
I got one! I finally got a shock too! This is my Shred Dogg.
photo

Some parts came from my hardtail, and some if it is new.
Elevensix shock
XT 12-speed
XT 4-piston brakes
27.5x3.0 High Roller IIs
Nextie Jungle Fox II 45mm internal rims
Chris King hubs
Chris King BB
Race Face cranks
ATAC Speciale 8 pedals
Fox Transfer post
Thomson 10x70 stem
160mm Z1 fork
Spank Spike 50mm rise bars
Wolftooth dropper lever

I want to go ride it so bad, but all the trails are just mud right now. I'm hoping Monday will give me a chance to go.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Do yourself a favor and put some 27.5 x3 surly dirtwizards on that shred Dogg and never look back. Far superior to any other plus tire out there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028086
Mobile Version of Website