2019 Stumpjumper Coil Shock
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
Travel increases:

52.5........~147mm
55...........~154/155mm

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
wired00 wrote:
How much travel does 55 stroke give? Also out of interest how did you go sourcing mounting hardware? I'm about to bite the bullet on either a topaz or coil (probably dhx2 also). I have 160mm lyrik on front of my 3019 29er

So for mounting hardware it's the same exact one used by DPX2. The size is uncommon I guess, it's 6mm x 20mm. So you can either order it directly from Specialized or find an online store that sells them. I got mine from worldwide cyclery

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
Hey all, maybe you can help me.

Got the 2019 650b Stumpjumper, alloy. The shock is a disaster, constant 'knocking' sound, will go for a warranty soon, but got no hopes that it will help so, I thought, I'm gonna use it with my old shock, which is a TTX, but 200x51.
Can I use it with the flip chip on 'high' position or thats not advised, try to find a proper sized shock for it?
My riding style is light enduro, trail, no drops or huge jumps.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Selthar wrote:

Got the 2019 650b Stumpjumper, alloy. The shock is a disaster, constant 'knocking' sound, will go for a warranty soon, but got no hopes that it will help so, I thought, I'm gonna use it with my old shock, which is a TTX, but 200x51.
Can I use it with the flip chip on 'high' position or thats not advised, try to find a proper sized shock for it?

I got you. I too own a 2019 Alloy Stumpy 27.5. The problem I don’t believe is your shock so much as it is the mounting area where the shock bushing meets the top tube. There is likely play side to side that makes for a literal Klunk sound and sometimes a loud click as well. Mine has done this since new. If you can figure out the correct size bushing (the frame measures 19mm) at that mount but I’m unsure whether it’s 6mm or 8mm hole? Anyway I’d start there bud. Good luck. Mine clicks and clunks like a sob too. I’ve found pulling out that entire igus bushing and lathering it in a thick grease makes the click go away for a few rides.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
Ohiomtbwannab wrote:
I got you. I too own a 2019 Alloy Stumpy 27.5. The problem I don’t believe is your shock so much as it is the mounting area where the shock bushing meets the top tube. There is likely play side to side that makes for a literal Klunk sound and sometimes a loud click as well. Mine has done this since new. If you can figure out the correct size bushing (the frame measures 19mm) at that mount but I’m unsure whether it’s 6mm or 8mm hole? Anyway I’d start there bud. Good luck. Mine clicks and clunks like a sob too. I’ve found pulling out that entire igus bushing and lathering it in a thick grease makes the click go away for a few rides.

Nah, its not the bushing, I tried with a different shocks and the same factory bushings and the sound went away. The shock does the sound when its not in the frame and there is no air in it, so its a Fox issue. As soon as the Fox retail service guy gets the parts he will try to rebuild it for me, but until then, I'll try to use a smaller shock, and maybe stick with that, because its nearly impossible to find a 210x52,5 rear shock. Out of stock everywhere I tried (even second hand), or way too expensive. So thats why I'd like to know, is the 200x51 would work with the 'high' chip setting.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
elkefro wrote:
Hello,

Just saw this:

http://cascadecomponents.bike/stumpjumper-lt-link-2019-current/

Any ideas?

I have one on my bike (pre-production unit). Still testing it out.

Initial feeling is very good. I need more time with it.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
In addition, they told me an improved link will be offered for the Evo in March/April.

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 18:40 Quote
Ohiomtbwannab wrote:
Selthar wrote:

Wanted to follow this post up with my fix. I ordered the correct Fox igus bushing 6mmx20 to replace the one at the top tube. This got rid of my clunk/click I was having. My bushing didn’t appear worn but it must not have been spec’d properly when new.

Soon as I can find one in stock I’m going to try the new Marzocchi Bomber Cr coil shock out. I would have ordered one tonight but can’t find them anywhere.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
Look after your frame bearings folks,
Otherwise this can happen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6oF2ONn4LC/?igshid=njdwnksh9qkw

EXT Storia Lok V2 shock ????

FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
Selthar wrote:
Ohiomtbwannab wrote:

Nah, its not the bushing, I tried with a different shocks and the same factory bushings and the sound went away. The shock does the sound when its not in the frame and there is no air in it, so its a Fox issue. As soon as the Fox retail service guy gets the parts he will try to rebuild it for me, but until then, I'll try to use a smaller shock, and maybe stick with that, because its nearly impossible to find a 210x52,5 rear shock. Out of stock everywhere I tried (even second hand), or way too expensive. So thats why I'd like to know, is the 200x51 would work with the 'high' chip setting.

My fox dps standard shock 2019 comp 29er clicks like hell. Driving me insane! Gonna upgrade to super deluxe coil. Presumably 210 x 50 is the correct length. Anyone fitted a super deluxe coil?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
speedys4 wrote:
I didn't replace the yoke/extension, I just removed the DPX2 and replace it with the DHX2. For clarification, this is a medium size 29er Long travel. Stock shock is 210 x 50 and the DHX2 is 210 x 55. There is no interference with the frame, rear tire or seat when the shock is bottomed out. See below Big Grin

photo
photo
photo

Is this in the high or low setting??does it make any diff in either setting when running the shock??

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
My 29er has that clearance in high, in low with a DHX it was way way too close with a 55mm stroke.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 1:18 Quote
BotolKicap wrote:
Is this in the high or low setting??does it make any diff in either setting when running the shock??

That's in low setting

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 3:03 Quote
speedys4 wrote:
BotolKicap wrote:

That's in low setting

Great!!thank u

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012909
Mobile Version of Website