Powered by Outside

Kona Process 134 Thread

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 134 Thread
O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 5:57 Quote
It's not a particularly stiff bike. I don't think a 160 would improve the ride, it would just invite you to do things the bike is less than adequate for.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a 134 29 DL and was wondering what the weight is on a size L or XL from more recent years. Do you find the bike to be sluggish on flat and uphill sections? Any tips on how to get the bike to feel really lively?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
I sold my XL CR DL. It was a noodle under my 225lbs. If you want something similar but more lively and better pedaling, I would go for something like a tallboy or hightower

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 8:22 Quote
coil shock made the bike far more lively. felt dead with the dpx2 but with a coil the bike feels very solid.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
AlexBreck wrote:
coil shock made the bike far more lively. felt dead with the dpx2 but with a coil the bike feels very solid.

What shock did you go with? I've been thinking of getting a coil for mine.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
AlexBreck wrote:

What shock did you go with? I've been thinking of getting a coil for mine.

marzocchi bomber cr custom tuned by avalanche. granted the custom tune helps a ton but i think even a stock coil would really improve the bike over air.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
Yeah, I was thinking of getting a Marzocchi shock because they are pretty cheap for a nice coil shock and their performance is really good.

O+ FL
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
I boosted the stock pike up to 150mm on my 134 and put a MegNeg on the superdeluxe with 0 tokens and one negative spacer and it changed the way the bike feels and made it from more of a light trail bike to way more capable and supportive ride through chunk and in built up jumps/ berms. I might add a token and spacer as the more alpine riding starts to dry up but overall I'm digging the performance change.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
has anyone tried swapping a coil shock from an evil?

curious if the tune would be too far off, or if it would work with the right spring?

also.. those running coils in back, are you doing a regular spring, or progessive?

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
timhalberg wrote:
has anyone tried swapping a coil shock from an evil?

curious if the tune would be too far off, or if it would work with the right spring?

also.. those running coils in back, are you doing a regular spring, or progessive?

No idea about the evil swap but from Craig at avalanche regarding the progressive spring "A progressive spring would ramp up too fast in the midstroke and prevent bigger square edged bump performance."

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
Hey guys, I bent and snapped my 12x 142 rear thu axle on my 2018 process 134. Is there a website I can get a replacement for it because all the 12x 142 axles that I have found have different threads than the ones in the frame. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
Hey guys, I bent and snapped my 12x 142 rear thu axle on my 2018 process 134. Is there a website I can get a replacement for it because all the 12x 142 axles that I have found have different threads than the ones in the frame. Thanks!

Oneup has axles
https://www.oneupcomponents.com/collections/axles-1/products/axle-r

It should say the size and thread pitch on your current. If not tech@konaworld.com should be able to help.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 17:46 Quote
EcivSinned wrote:
p-m-z wrote:

Oneup has axles
https://www.oneupcomponents.com/collections/axles-1/products/axle-r

It should say the size and thread pitch on your current. If not tech@konaworld.com should be able to help.

Alrighty thanks.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 4:49 Quote
Looking for some info on whether you could go from a 29" wheel setup to a 27.5" wheel set up on a 2021? It looks like it should be doable but not 100% sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.003931
Mobile Version of Website