Powered by Outside

Snow Valley Bike Park *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
Snow Valley Bike Park *specific forum*
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 13:46 Quote
Snow Valley Bike Park, was meh, I think that the new trail builders are trying to make Valley just like Summit and it doesn't work that way. Valley and Summit are two different environments and it seems that the builders do not get that. Some of the reroutes are dumb and the widening of the trails dumbed down the trails. When looking ahead on the trails you'd think you can go fast because the berms look great and the trail looks groomed, but no, all that sand and loose rock makes it a challenge. It over promises and not in a good way, my favorite part of opening weekend was the snow patch that was left over and easily accessible to ride. The increase in price made it seem as though some great changes would happen but no, nothing did, just some dumb reroutes. I was truly disappointed with my trip up and I really hope that it changes because Snow Valley really had something going for it. My experience would be a 5/10.

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 13:56 Quote
I had some of the same thoughts, but I am optimistic. I believe that the price will be more worth it when the new trails they are currently building are complete and the rest of the mountain is open after they repair the trails. The biggest change I noticed was Lower Jumpline - I recall there being 3 big gap jumps and now they have been filled in so they are tables instead. Also, they started using the RF cards to open the turnstiles at the lift - that was new from last bike season. It worked fine, but my only suggestion is they needed to have a separate singles lane so guys didn't have to push past others in order to get on the lift when beckoned forward by the lift staff.

Mod
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 14:41 Quote
zdrenduro67 wrote:
Snow Valley Bike Park, was meh, I think that the new trail builders are trying to make Valley just like Summit and it doesn't work that way. Valley and Summit are two different environments and it seems that the builders do not get that. Some of the reroutes are dumb and the widening of the trails dumbed down the trails. When looking ahead on the trails you'd think you can go fast because the berms look great and the trail looks groomed, but no, all that sand and loose rock makes it a challenge. It over promises and not in a good way, my favorite part of opening weekend was the snow patch that was left over and easily accessible to ride. The increase in price made it seem as though some great changes would happen but no, nothing did, just some dumb reroutes. I was truly disappointed with my trip up and I really hope that it changes because Snow Valley really had something going for it. My experience would be a 5/10.
stayed at cody's house overnight. over some drinks (nonalcohol for me) he was complaining about the shitty edits. the berms at the end of bandit are stupid as one of the first decent turns on winchester actually needs a berm as its terrifying. he was right about people complaining on the lift about jumpline, because of the edits and bad speed flow one of my freinds f*cked up his shoulder and ribs

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 21:48 Quote
mior wrote:
zdrenduro67 wrote:
stayed at cody's house overnight. over some drinks (nonalcohol for me) he was complaining about the shitty edits. the berms at the end of bandit are stupid as one of the first decent turns on winchester actually needs a berm as its terrifying. he was right about people complaining on the lift about jumpline, because of the edits and bad speed flow one of my freinds f*cked up his shoulder and ribs
yea, I feel bad for Cody becuase he put so much work into Valley and the Alterra Mountain Company comes in and ruins it, like yea they are more efficient now, they have a real ticket counter, etc. but the trails just suck now, they have little to no flow and the reroutes are not good at all, what they didnt touch has the flow

Mod
Posted: May 31, 2023 at 7:24 Quote
yeah, those berms in the middle of winchester before the jumps werent changed and remain my favorite in the park

Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 20:51 Quote
Not gonna lie, what the heck Snow Valley. Why are you only $4 less than summit? You dont have nearly the reputation or the trail status that they do. I know they are two different environments, but with that amount of money you should at least take some care of the trails, add a couple more trails and listen to the customers. The customers are constantly wanting better berms in off camber/ stupid loose areas and you do nothing. Sorry but that is a little absurd to me, hopefully your act can change before the end of the season, I'd really hate to see that once fun park go to waste.

[ok end of my little rant]

Mod
Posted: Jun 21, 2023 at 6:11 Quote
zdrenduro67 wrote:
Not gonna lie, what the heck Snow Valley. Why are you only $4 less than summit? You dont have nearly the reputation or the trail status that they do. I know they are two different environments, but with that amount of money you should at least take some care of the trails, add a couple more trails and listen to the customers. The customers are constantly wanting better berms in off camber/ stupid loose areas and you do nothing. Sorry but that is a little absurd to me, hopefully your act can change before the end of the season, I'd really hate to see that once fun park go to waste.

[ok end of my little rant]
same with the soon-to-open luiseno bike park $60 for a lift ticket and only some teaser photos to know if its worth it

Posted: Jul 4, 2023 at 15:07 Quote
Snow Valley is $65, get out of here, not even close to worth it, if that price is a bit steep for Snow Summit, no way in heck Snow Valley is close, maybe if they open a couple more true black diamond trails, maintain their trails, and stop making dumb reroutes...id consider then but for now, riding there only if its for a group ride or an event

Mod
Posted: Jul 4, 2023 at 16:15 Quote
zdrenduro67 wrote:
Snow Valley is $65, get out of here, not even close to worth it, if that price is a bit steep for Snow Summit, no way in heck Snow Valley is close, maybe if they open a couple more true black diamond trails, maintain their trails, and stop making dumb reroutes...id consider then but for now, riding there only if its for a group ride or an event
and bring back cody. luckily i got a free bonus pass for my birthday.

Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 16:03 Quote
mior wrote:
zdrenduro67 wrote:
and bring back cody. luckily i got a free bonus pass for my birthday.
thats awesome! and totally agree, Cody was the best thing that happened to Snow Valley

Posted: Jul 12, 2023 at 11:00 Quote
Snow Valley has reduced its daily pricing to $29, its for limited time and available on July 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, and 30

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 14:11 Quote
I went to Snow Valley again on 10/13, and it was super fun. When it opened I went away with a terrible taste in my mouth, and I never thought it would be good again. Well, I was wrong, or was I? Although it was fun, it started to feel like just an average bike park. Flowy trails, some jumplines, and a techline or two. When Valley was bought out by Alterra, I was worried about this and it seems like it is going in that direction. Snow Valley was a pretty fun tech park, it was very unique, and it was growing but now its just a normal, bland bike park with no cool features to separate it from its new big brother, Snow Summit. I am a bit disappointed with how Snow Valley turned out this year even though it was ended with a fun trip. If I were to rate it, it would be a solid 7/10, not too flashy but still fun with the right people.

Mod
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 14:38 Quote
i didnt hate it as much as i though but i miss the total bum vibe and cody built trails

Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 11:31 Quote
it is good, but like you said, there is no unique feeling to SV and I wish the uniqueness was back
mior wrote:
i didnt hate it as much as i though but i miss the total bum vibe and cody built trails

Posted: Jun 3, 2024 at 9:35 Quote
Looking at the ticket prices this year and I'm pleasantly surprised!
Seems unreal that the prices are under $40 on weekends especially with all the trail improvements/changes they've recently accomplished. I thought they'd boost prices but they didn't.
Maybe it's an early bird special or something. Anyhow, I can't wait to check it out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032446
Mobile Version of Website