Powered by Outside

Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Alright, first things first. How to fix the drag that I think I’m feeling as I pedal as I feel sloooooow anytime I’m pedaling whether I’m climbing, riding flat land, or descending. Rode for 5 hours today, having ridden roughly 40 miles today. I’ll leave what I think of it’s climbing and descending characteristics blank for now till I can fix this “dragging”.

32T chainring
12 speed with 52T GX cassette

I think 95% of it is psychological. As soon as I think I’m. Pedaling through molasses I get a PR lol

Make sure to use really good chain lube before each ride and service the upper idler pulley when needed

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Alright, first things first. How to fix the drag that I think I’m feeling as I pedal as I feel sloooooow anytime I’m pedaling whether I’m climbing, riding flat land, or descending. Rode for 5 hours today, having ridden roughly 40 miles today. I’ll leave what I think of it’s climbing and descending characteristics blank for now till I can fix this “dragging”.

32T chainring
12 speed with 52T GX cassette

I think 95% of it is psychological. As soon as I think I’m. Pedaling through molasses I get a PR lol

Make sure to use really good chain lube before each ride and service the upper idler pulley when needed

Is it worth considering a pulley with a ceramic bearing?

Also, where can I find torque specs for the frame and bolts? I haven’t come across it on Forbiddens website.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
austenselk wrote:

Also, where can I find torque specs for the frame and bolts? I haven’t come across it on Forbiddens website.

10Nm

It's in the Tech section at the bottom, in Druid Exploded View V2, page 10

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0125/6816/6464/files/DRUID_EXPLODED_VIEW_V2.0_20200106.pdf?10151

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
austenselk wrote:

10Nm

It's in the Tech section at the bottom, in Druid Exploded View V2, page 10

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0125/6816/6464/files/DRUID_EXPLODED_VIEW_V2.0_20200106.pdf?10151

Thank you sir!

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
I don't believe it to be psychological, compared to other bikes that do not have another contact point for the chain you can feel drag/resistance. For me, it reminds me of a few of my old downhill chain guides.
I have about 500km's on mine now, weather is shit so I am having to wipe the chain down and relube every other ride (I also re-greased the idler for the second time).
I have also had the chain jump off the idler and get wedged behind it, it has always been torqued correctly and the wheel is not overlay worn. Anyone else experience this?

Posted: Dec 11, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
nickkozak wrote:
I don't believe it to be psychological, compared to other bikes that do not have another contact point for the chain you can feel drag/resistance. For me, it reminds me of a few of my old downhill chain guides.
I have about 500km's on mine now, weather is shit so I am having to wipe the chain down and relube every other ride (I also re-greased the idler for the second time).
I have also had the chain jump off the idler and get wedged behind it, it has always been torqued correctly and the wheel is not overlay worn. Anyone else experience this?

That hasn’t happened to me yet. I do have to clean the chain every ride or else it does seem to be louder.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 17:54 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
I got her all wrapped up and built and ready to go!

photo

photo

photo

Is that Hanging Rock State Park in the last photo?

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
It is! Moore’s Spring Trail at the top overlooking hanging rock.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
Has anybody come up with a good solution for debris issue on the non drive side of the swing arm seat post?

I just put a RideWrap tailored kit on my frame and added some very thick lizard skins patches where ride wrap didn’t cover behind that yoke area, I think it may need more just to be safe.

please post pix of what you came up with

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 17:06 Quote
just a couple of solutions that have been shared on the forbidden owners page on facebook
Motofoam velcro'd in place
photo

Rear fender extension
photo

Flap made from a fileted tube
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 4:00 Quote
Thanks @nickkozak

I think I’ll try the foam and see how much stuff actually gets caught up in there.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
Took a while, but pretty much there.

Druid

Druid

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
HORY SHEET!! Done. Done?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
Anyone selling a Moss Druid frame in size large? You know you want to upgrade to the Dreadnaut!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011674
Mobile Version of Website