Powered by Outside

Thursday Announcement (Feb 4th, 2021)

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Thursday Announcement (Feb 4th, 2021)
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
Was hoping for a new Jeffsy in 27.5. That a shame....my new bike seach continues.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
I know they are going to chuck it up to Covid but how did they at least not release a jeffsy blaze with 27.5

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
counts86 wrote:
They have the blaze available in several models but that's it. When will the other bikes be available like the jeffsy base or jeffsy comp?

I just emailed them and they said they don't expect either to be back in stock this year because its sold out. they also said they typically release new models throughout the year and to look out for those.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
jcg2 wrote:
WHERE'S THE BEEF???

Zero innovation. No EP8 in the Decoy Range. No mullet Tues. No new Capra.

YT is no longer YT. It is now Old Talent that has went out into the pasture to die!

The blaze series only represents what currently is possible regarding part-availability. In my opinion, yt delays a full spectrum release of new models until there is enough parts to deliver some 1000 bikes.

Consider: most other models are out of stock and now you have only 250 bikes of each blaze model for europe and 250 for the rest of the world.
250 * 6 * 3999 € = 6 million € revenue.
That's only 6 - 7 % of 2020's revenue. So - there is still a lot to come.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
From yt

Good morning,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I don't have an exact date to give you for when the JEFFSY Comp and Base will be back in stock, but I would expect to see more builds released over the next couple months.

Regarding outlet bikes, we currently have no 2020 bikes left over to put on the outlet page.

I recommend following our newsletter and social media to be the first to find out about anything new that will be released.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
counts86 wrote:
From yt

Good morning,

I don't have an exact date to give you for when the JEFFSY Comp and Base will be back in stock, but I would expect to see more builds released over the next couple months.

Regarding outlet bikes, we currently have no 2020 bikes left over to put on the outlet page.

I recommend following our newsletter and social media to be the first to find out about anything new that will be released.

When did they say that?

mannymtnbk wrote:
counts86 wrote:
They have the blaze available in several models but that's it. When will the other bikes be available like the jeffsy base or jeffsy comp?

I just emailed them and they said they don't expect either to be back in stock this year because its sold out. they also said they typically release new models throughout the year and to look out for those.

Sorry, but just to confirm, YT told you today that the Jeffsy Comp and Base will not be available at all in 2021?

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
This was his reply, I assume he was talking about the 2020 models and not 2021 models but I don’t know for sure.

Good morning,

Thanks for reaching out to YT!

Since that bike shows sold out, I would not expect any more stock to become available.

However, typically new models are made available through the year.

I recommend following our newsletter and social media to stay informed on new models.

We are looking forward to getting you on a YT soon!

Cheers,
Alec

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
Does specs between Jeffsy and Capra blaze really make sense given that both are 3999.??

I know that they are not the same bike but ...
Capra blaze seems like a lot better deal for the money.

Jeffsy blaze - lyrik ult/G2 RSC
Capra blaze -Zeb ult/Code RSC

Jeffsy blaze should be at least $100 -150 cheaper.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
clarky999 wrote:
counts86 wrote:
From yt

Good morning,

When did they say that?

mannymtnbk wrote:
counts86 wrote:

Sorry, but just to confirm, YT told you today that the Jeffsy Comp and Base will not be available at all in 2021?

Yeah, this sent me into panic mode too as I'm looking to grab a Jeffsy Comp also. I fired off an email to YT and got a pretty quick response. This was from around 10:30 this morning.

bigquotesThe best I can do is say we should start to see bikes trickling out over the next couple months.

They keep release dates pretty quiet, even from us, until right before they get released.

Rest assured though you will be able to get on something this year.

This bike is a special release that we won't be restocking but we will be releasing more bikes that we plan on receiving
continuously throughout the year.

If you are as on top of those releases as you are this one though you shouldn't have any problem getting one of the first
bikes.

I feel a bit better, but still let down that the big build up was just for a handful of special editions.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
Utter joke of a release.
Was expecting some updated 2021 version on the line up, not a Capra with similar shape geo to 2016 models. No clue how the brand is still alive with all of the new bikes from other companies with updated geo and the same parts as well as the possibility of receiving it in the next 6 months. No passion or innovation left in the company at all if there isn’t an update in the coming months. I’m glad I switched to commencal.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
No new Capra shred in 27.5?

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
sunnywatson wrote:
Utter joke of a release.
Was expecting some updated 2021 version on the line up, not a Capra with similar shape geo to 2016 models. No clue how the brand is still alive with all of the new bikes from other companies with updated geo and the same parts as well as the possibility of receiving it in the next 6 months. No passion or innovation left in the company at all if there isn’t an update in the coming months. I’m glad I switched to commencal.

I’m confused on this constant need for “updated” or “progressive” geo. When the new Capra came out in 2018 we thought it was pretty awesome. Just because it’s been 3 years doesn’t suddenly make it unrideable. Nobody has bikes in stock anyways, so a Capra with “outdated” 3 year old geometry will probably still shred just fine.

I agree that some tweaks would be nice, but I think we will be able to keep riding. Enjoy your Commencal though, my buddy likes his, despite it feeling like a boat anchor.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
wonitall wrote:
Does specs between Jeffsy and Capra blaze really make sense given that both are 3999.??

I know that they are not the same bike but ...
Capra blaze seems like a lot better deal for the money.

Jeffsy blaze - lyrik ult/G2 RSC
Capra blaze -Zeb ult/Code RSC

Jeffsy blaze should be at least $100 -150 cheaper.

I get what you mean but if you compare it to the jeffsy pro you are getting a nice deal. I guess you are just paying for the frame but I definitely see what you mean.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
Bdellis92 wrote:
No new Capra shred in 27.5?

The capra shred has 2021 Fox suspension already... so probably not

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.185601
Mobile Version of Website