Powered by Outside

Post up your Pimped 140 - 170 mm Hardcore AM/XC/Trailbikes.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post up your Pimped 140 - 170 mm Hardcore AM/XC/Trailbikes.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
I see the rules have changed. Heres the spec list:

Frame --> SX Trail
Headset --> Cane Creek Jump
Rear Shock --> DHX 5.0
Fork --> Lyrik U-turn
Wheels --> 823s, gold Hadley hubs, Competition spokes
Tires --> UST High Rollers, 2.35”
Cranks --> Diabolus, 170mm
Brakes --> Formula Oro K24
Rear Derailleur --> X9 medium cage
Rear Shifter --> X9 trigger shifter
Front Derailleur --> Shimano deore
Front Shifter --> X7 trigger shifter
Cassette --> XT, 11-32
Bars --> Diabolus riser, 26”
Stem --> Diabolus, 30mm
Post --> SDG I-Beam
Seat --> SDG Bel-Air ST
Pedals --> Cannondale grind
Bash guard --> E13 Supercharger, black
Chain ring --> FSA DH 36 tooth, Truvativ 22 tooth
Grips --> Odi Rogue lock-ons

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 4:28 Quote
photo

Seeing as Rules have changed.

Frame: 2006 Orange Patriot 66
Fork: 2008 Marzocchi 66 RC3
Shock: Manitou Swinger 3 Way Coil
Brakes: Hayes HFX 9's (soon to be Hope Mono M4's)
Crank: Shimano Saint 22-34-bash
F-mech: 07 XTR
R-mech: 07 XTR
Shifters: Saint
R-wheel: Mavic EX823 on a Hope Pro 2
F-wheel: Mavic Deetracks
Bar and Stem: Sunline V1 and V1 am stem
Pedals: DMR V12 mags
Saddle and Seatpost: SDG Belair I-beam and I-beam Seatpost
Headset: FSA the Pig
Grips: Lizzard Skins Lockons Peaty White
Extras: E.13 DRS (a must for a hardcore trail bike)

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
Okay, I really need to get a new pic (i'll try to get one tonight) but here's my Coiler. It's basically stock but has a Juicy 7 rear brake, Oury lock-ons, cheap Wellego's, a Salsa Cycles seat post clamp, and i've dropped the granny ring. In the spring though, it's getting two new Schwalbe Fat Albert's, the chainring is being bumped up to a 36, (from 32) and a new right seal on the fork. (it's leaking a bit) When I get the money, it will either get a Roco TST-R or a DHX 5.0. When the front brake dies, it's going to be replaced with another Juicy 7.

Edit: Oh yeah, when I get the money, it will get a 55 ATA too. (There's A LOT I will upgrade eventually, but all those things are for my saftey and the ride quality.)
photo

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
shondo wrote:

It's not technically a factory spec. DHX air, and the work was not technically done under the auspices of the PUSH retail section. I was graciously hooked up by a friend with a friend. Nothing covert, I'm just not supposed to have one.

Well what exactly has been modified? As far as I know, the only real modifications that can be done are shimming the outer air sleeve (which I've done) or using a main air sleeve from an RP2/3.

So basically it's just a DHX air with a PUSH sticker on it?

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
dowst wrote:
Well what exactly has been modified? As far as I know, the only real modifications that can be done are shimming the outer air sleeve (which I've done) or using a main air sleeve from an RP2/3.

You know I might be bothered to tell you if I didn't think you were an impudent kid with no manners. But I think your tone sucks. So I'll leave it at that.

Mod
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
You all know my bike already I think, so need for pics. (Coiler). I built it up as a fr/dh. I am discovering that it is a very good climber and trail bike too. I can haul it up the local hill (about 1.5kms) in the same time as I could with my 4 pound lighter and more granny geared, long seatposted hardtail. The thing has no pedal bob if you stay seated, and even if you stand up it has next to none. While I would wish for it to remain my little freeride/dh bike I'll secretly admit here that it climbs like a mountaingoat.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
shondo wrote:
dowst wrote:

You know I might be bothered to tell you if I didn't think you were an impudent kid with no manners. But I think your tone sucks. So I'll leave it at that.

Putting a Ferrari hood badge on a Kia doesn't make it a Ferrari.

That said, I had no intentions of coming across as brash. It was merely a question, and a sincere one at that. I own a DHX air and if there was a way to tune it and enhance it's performance than I would certainly be interested.

So, if you're willing, how has it been tuned?

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
photo

Hey, This is my Kona Stinky which I have put a lot of money in and it rides really nice on trails to really anthing. What do you think of it?

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
frjoeydh wrote:
*snip*
Hey, This is my Kona Stinky which I have put a lot of money in and it rides really nice on trails to really anthing. What do you think of it?

I hope its 170mm up front otherwise you violated the "rules" lol

Build?

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
Can someone help me post my new ride, I don't know how.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
photo

There ya go

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
photo

There ya go
Thank you!

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
No prob, but post up the build too, the whole idea of this is to see all the different bits and pieces people used for CUSTOM trailbikes. Everyone knows stock specs, but take mine for example... not a single stock or OEM part other than the seatpost. Makes it interesting

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
photo

2006 Norco Shore 3. New chain guide, forks, pedals, handelbars and stem.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
lyndon7 wrote:

2006 Norco Shore 3. New chain guide, forks, pedals, handelbars and stem.

Umm, 140-170mm trailbikes bikes bro. That beast doesn't belong here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016907
Mobile Version of Website