Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Bunnyhopping....

PB Forum :: Beginners
Bunnyhopping....
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
why not get clip ins and be a stupid spandex rider """"""

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
I know I´m a bit late, but here´s a video demonstrating a small bunnyhop:
Views: 1,006    Faves: 0    Comments: 4

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:
Cheat and use spd's then try agin without them and somehow you will be able to do it. worked for me anyway.

I was the exact opposite, I went from clearing a 24" bar with SPDs to having troubles clearing curbs. To me, they felt nothing alike and it was a solid 4 or 5 months before I got back to clearing that height.

lol same here,i went onto flats and tried a bunny hop and nothing happened apart from me looking like a complete ass.

anyone know the best way to do a wheelie hop,i can get the front up but from there it just seems difficult to transfer my weight to the front to lift the rear,i can get like 3 inch of the ground,yet when i bunny hop i can nearly get a couple of feet.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 2:07 Quote
marquis wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:
Cheat and use spd's then try agin without them and somehow you will be able to do it. worked for me anyway.

I was the exact opposite, I went from clearing a 24" bar with SPDs to having troubles clearing curbs. To me, they felt nothing alike and it was a solid 4 or 5 months before I got back to clearing that height.

lol same here,i went onto flats and tried a bunny hop and nothing happened apart from me looking like a complete ass.

anyone know the best way to do a wheelie hop,i can get the front up but from there it just seems difficult to transfer my weight to the front to lift the rear,i can get like 3 inch of the ground,yet when i bunny hop i can nearly get a couple of feet.
If you watch closely the video I posted, you will notice the movement.You need to bend your legs for momentum, then push the front end with your LEGS, not your arms.Once you get the front end up, extend your legs and quickly bend them again, so that you´re crouching in mid-air.I know this might be a litle confusing, but try to follow, there is only one more thing to do.Once you are in that crouching position, extend your arms and absorve the impact.I learned alone just by getting the felling.Good luckSmile

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 2:16 Quote
marquis wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:

With a total suspension like yours, it´s much harder because you don´t have the same "power" to push your bike up as you do on a hardtail.When you have a rear suspension, it will kill the whole flow of the bunnyhop by taking the bike down instead of lifting it.Maybe I talk to much...:P

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 4:30 Quote
RPereira wrote:
marquis wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:

With a total suspension like yours, it´s much harder because you don´t have the same "power" to push your bike up as you do on a hardtail.When you have a rear suspension, it will kill the whole flow of the bunnyhop by taking the bike down instead of lifting it.Maybe I talk to much...:P

lol thank's will give it a try.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 4:41 Quote
I can hop fairly high, picnic table height. Build yourself a hop bar, practice all the time. Thats what I did.
To learn to bring the rear up, roll along, point your toes and lift up with your feet. Just practice pulling the rear end up and use this same motion when moving onto actual hopping.
Hope this helps as I love hopping (fundamental of the sport).

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 6:03 Quote
marquis wrote:
RPereira wrote:
marquis wrote:

You´re welcome man hope I could helpSmile

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
dynamic wrote:
I can hop fairly high, picnic table height. Build yourself a hop bar, practice all the time. Thats what I did.
To learn to bring the rear up, roll along, point your toes and lift up with your feet. Just practice pulling the rear end up and use this same motion when moving onto actual hopping.
Hope this helps as I love hopping (fundamental of the sport).

bunnyhop no problem's just the wheelie hop but i will get it this year.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
marquis wrote:
RPereira wrote:
marquis wrote:

With a full sus set the rebound quite harsh and practice with that to help by pushing onto the travel then letting the rebound help to push you into the air. I never tried this but logic says it will work.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
this is one of the hardest things to explain, the motion is to push down, ignore me being a physics nerd, cos every force has an equal and opposite reaction:P

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
ex-puncture-god wrote:
this is one of the hardest things to explain, the motion is to push down, ignore me being a physics nerd, cos every force has an equal and opposite reaction:P
Lol either Newtons 2nd or 3rd law I cant remember now been a while. True but a lot of it is dissipated through the bike i believe. The rebound thing will work but to do it you got to be really quick! Thats how I learnt to bunny hop and slowly stiffened up the spring to the point that i couldnt use the compression tactic anymore as the shock had effectively locked out. (was a old bike with a low quality shock)

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
marquis wrote:
bunnyhop no problem's just the wheelie hop but i will get it this year.

I was explaining a J-Hop/Wheelie Hop as I've never really tried Bunny hops (no need)

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
Brodie-Brat-06 wrote:
Try to kick yourself in the butt with both feet at the same time. and also push forward and down on the bars.

Thats only if you have clipless pedals. Lift up your front end and push the handlebars forward. also unload the wieght your rear wheels by keeping your legs loose.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
Pull up all the way and hump your handlebars, then just try to kick yourself in the but with your feet while pushing the bike a bit forward with your arms.

Thats How I learned.

Also, its easier to learn on a lighter bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022481
Mobile Version of Website