Powered by Outside

What bike should I buy // Help me PLEASE

PB Forum :: Downhill
What bike should I buy // Help me PLEASE
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 4:07 Quote
Bump please help

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 5:16 Quote
Hmmm, though choice. I'd probably go with the Norco A-line, but... the rocky mountain has a lower center of gravity (probably beter for downhill) and the Norco is probably best for freeride, or even both. Confused Its all up to you man! What are your tastes and what bike do you prefere, comparing the parts and all.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
Jocool wrote:
Hmmm, though choice. I'd probably go with the Norco A-line, but... the rocky mountain has a lower center of gravity (probably beter for downhill) and the Norco is probably best for freeride, or even both. Confused Its all up to you man! What are your tastes and what bike do you prefere, comparing the parts and all.
for the parts is about half and half the aline is slighty superior. I think I have to compare the geometry

FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 5:55 Quote
I'd still go with the flatline. first reason:A-line is not the nicest frame on the market ,and almost everybody have a norco!!. The components are good on both bikes, but I prefer components on flatine: DHX 5, saint brakes....

FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 6:01 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
Jocool wrote:
for the parts is about half and half the aline is slighty superior. I think I have to compare the geometry
LC2R SUSPENSION DESIGN

Here's the good point of the flatline Smile

• Linearly Rising LC2R suspension rate is tuned for freeride and downhill racing; suspension
progression is inherent to the linkage design, not the shock absorber
• Concentric to the main pivot point, chain and brake forces eliminate pedal “bob”; suspension is
stable during pedaling, and “platform” pedaling is inherent to the suspension design - not the shock
• Counter rotating top link creates a more laterally stiff Swingarm for increased control in tight
corners, and the occasional sideways landing
• The counter rotating link along with the kinked down tube allow for a low and center positioning
of the shock absorber in the frame. This low-slung concentrated mass allows the bike to rotate in
any direction faster than if the center of mass was positioned higher in the frame
• Oversized double-row angular contact bearings increase bearing life, and allow for a less expensive
bearing to be used (more affordable for retail level replacement)
• Triangulated Swingarm maximizes suspension strength, while keeping its weight to a minimum
• Tuglinks (as opposed to thrustlinks) increase suspension sensitivity to very small bumps, further
aiding in smoothing out the trail

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 6:05 Quote
I dont know how many time ive read that

The problem is the saint components like brake pads and bleeding kits are really hard to find except on ebay or on special order. thats why I prefer the sram group

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
I think ill stay neutral and see what are the availability, prices and how I feel on the bike then I will chose

Anymore comments??

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
Their is also style.
A-line ressembles allot of other bikes, but the ricky mountain is quite unique and you dont see much of these bikes. I think that the rocky mountain would be more head turning then the Norco, because it is different.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
Jocool wrote:
Their is also style.
A-line ressembles allot of other bikes, but the ricky mountain is quite unique and you dont see much of these bikes. I think that the rocky mountain would be more head turning then the Norco, because it is different.
true

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018799
Mobile Version of Website