do you ever ride without a helmet?

PB Forum :: Downhill
do you ever ride without a helmet?
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
I always wear my helmet. The way i see it is that nobody ever plans to fall, and as much as we would like to think so, you cant anticipate a fall untill it is already happening. I even wear my helmet while just going from place to place, because if i do get hit by one of the drivers that is never looking, i would like to be able to survive. As my mom has always said "once your hit, it doesnt matter whos fault it is. Everyone else's life will go on, but YOU have to deal with the injury".

Also, wearing a helmet is not that big of a hassle. If you look around and get the right fit, after the first day you wont even know its there.

~Mark

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
i wear my helmet.

-those who dont wear helmets have nothing to protect

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 4:42 Quote
my friend was riding through town and was hit by a car, and he wasn't wearing a helmet, but he came out of it fine. But once he got to the docters, the docter said that the way he was hit, if he was wearing a helmet he could have been killed. So in this case a helmet could have killed him, pretty crazy if you ask me.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 4:47 Quote
all the time. i can't find mine. ive had my fair share of crashes so i no my limits
(no more superman bails ooff the jumps and into the bushes)

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 5:47 Quote
Always. It has saved my head way to many times.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 5:56 Quote
i dont think id be here now if i didnt wear mine....

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 5:59 Quote
if i dont have a helmet i dont jump or i borrow a friends helmet i crash way to often to not wear one

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 6:22 Quote
yes but i dont do anything big,without it.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 6:25 Quote
Nice...me too^^^^^

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 6:39 Quote
I rode DH for a while with just a pisspot, then smashed my face. Now if im riding dh, i dont even try with out my troylee, i losee confidence without it.

As for street or park i wear a pisspot, concrete is harder than my head.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
I will never ride with out a helmet, maybe just doing some manuals around town, but I always wear some kind of helmet. Your head is worth it.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
not wearing a helmet is like playing russian roulette. You WILL get killed or messed up bad, eventually.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
when i am going to school i dont when i ride i do

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
You should wear a helmet just to ride becuase maybe youll have a car accident. I always wear ir. For DH I wear fullface and for street I wear a normal mtb one.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 23:36 Quote
I live in vancouver canada and here it's illegal to ride a bike without a helmet but cops don't really care, I've never worn a helmet once to ride around town. When I'm dirt jumping, skatepark, trail etc I always wear a helmet. Although I can't stand full face I hate the visibility.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012845
Mobile Version of Website