Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
princeofthenorth wrote:
fox too.
Oh ya, true...but I think other than those anything else is crap lol

06 marzo, blown seals on my 888, still smoother the my 55

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
Ok sorry to bring an old thread up but I may know your problem. I just bought a used Reign X2 for the frame and it has the 55r on it. So the bike felt fine except for the fork which would not go any deeper into the travel than 4inches and it was harsh too. I took it a part to discover there was no freaking spring in it!!

Maybe the guy before me was stupid or Marz didn't put a spring in there. This maybe your problem, but yours sounds as if it was doing the same as mine.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
exactly the same happened to me, just put some more air and was sorted

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
nettb wrote:
Ok sorry to bring an old thread up but I may know your problem. I just bought a used Reign X2 for the frame and it has the 55r on it. So the bike felt fine except for the fork which would not go any deeper into the travel than 4inches and it was harsh too. I took it a part to discover there was no freaking spring in it!!

Maybe the guy before me was stupid or Marz didn't put a spring in there. This maybe your problem, but yours sounds as if it was doing the same as mine.
haha ok thats just marrzocchi's new design for rebound your spring is in the air side lol

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
norcorider1010 wrote:
nettb wrote:

haha ok thats just marrzocchi's new design for rebound your spring is in the air side lol

Yeah I know the spring is in the air PL side, well it's suppose to be there. But that isn't my problem after looking it at more(even though there is no spring over there). On mine it seems as if the R side is only letting the fork compress like 100mm. What is this stupid new rebound thing? It says it's filled with nitrogen on it and acting like spring much more than dampening.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
nettb wrote:
norcorider1010 wrote:
nettb wrote:

Yeah I know the spring is in the air PL side, well it's suppose to be there. But that isn't my problem after looking it at more(even though there is no spring over there). On mine it seems as if the R side is only letting the fork compress like 100mm. What is this stupid new rebound thing? It says it's filled with nitrogen on it and acting like spring much more than dampening.
yeah you have to send it in for warrenty they will fix it for you no charge

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
I had the exact same problem with my 55R, the travel suddenly turned 60-70mm but still with my 150mm stanchions. First I tough my fork turned too hard. Even after pulled out all the air from it, it was still damn hard.
So,
I sent it back to marzocchi for the guarantee and it came back with brand new internals. Cost 30$ to ship it. But it sucks, and it looks like it happened to a lot of people.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
lol67 wrote:
I had the exact same problem with my 55R, I sent it back to marzocchi for the guarantee and it came back with brand new internals. Cost 30$ to ship it. But it sucks, and it looks like it happened to a lot of people.
yeah same thing here you pay for the shipping there and then the rest is takin care of

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
Exactly the same problem.It's the second time!Really Mad

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
yetirider001 wrote:
Get the warranty and change forks

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
lol67 wrote:
yetirider001 wrote:
Get the warranty and change forks
thats what i did. sold them ASAP.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
Awesome guys thanks for the help. This was driving me crazy.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Happened to my Z1's just shipped them away to get fixed and bought a new fork. Still dont know why they did it though, we even took all my air out and it didnt work.

Posted: Apr 8, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
the problem is: that f*ckin "R cartridge" (the rebound cartridge)made by sr-suntour sometimes (with mine every other week) fullfill itself with air from the outside, and that amount of air can block the way of the fork. what you have to do.: take it back to a service and they will put some holes onto the cartridge and convert it to open-oilbath system. or get an older-than-2007's marzocchi cartridge with longer way than 160mm (for me it's easier because i have a tuned 55r with only 120mm for dirtjumping)and somehow make it compatible with that piec of shit fork. have fortune!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019873
Mobile Version of Website