Powered by Outside

Whats the stupidest thing you've done? (Bike Related)

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Whats the stupidest thing you've done? (Bike Related)
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
DAMZ wrote:
i broke my leg last month on a trail where i´ve ridden 500 times.Madder
that sucks hate when stuff like that happens
the thing i did was a saw my friend do a dh run and fell so i desided to try it as well and i fell in the same spot.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
ok, coming back from a biking trip me and a friend had ours bikes on a trunk rack, well we had to cut the ride short because of a really bad thunderstorm. so we camped out at his granparents house till it was over...

when we finally left there was a huge tree down in our way, well he drives a little geo metro, so we barely fit around the tree and about half way round we saw a powerline go up the windshield, tap across the roof, and hook our bikes....

well he kept driving and our bikes got ripped off the back. we pull over and get out of the car (its still raining out) and walk slowly twards our bikes, see the powerline about ten feet away from the bikes so we run and grab the bikes by the tires and run! we eventually made it home safe, and really wet.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
DAMZ wrote:
i broke my leg last month on a trail where i´ve ridden 500 times.Madder

You'll always hurt yourself more on the stuff you're familiar with. On new stuff, you pay a lot more attention. When you're on your regular stomping grounds, you tend to do things a lot more by memory than what you see.

Back in the days of having gears, I was doing a wheelie down the sidewalk. My back tire slipped off the sidewalk and got jammed up in a crack. As the front end came down, I locked the front brake and sent myself over the bars. I ended up with a nasty cut on my knee and of course there were plenty of people around to see the whole thing.

Another good/stupid one, I was going down a hill by the river. It had just rained but I had done the little drop a hundred times before. After coming off the small drop and trying to turn, my back tire washed out and I ended up doing a 10 foot slide through the mud and on to the sidewalk.

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
actually the dumbest think ive ever done is try to hitch up to the top of our local trails by holding on to my friends arm who was in a honda crv ... he had to shit and we were going almost 50 .... i lost my balance because the car bucked, flipped over and my bike hit the side of his suv ... it caused almost 1g of damage and i almost died ... so remember kids, dont be dumb like me

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
i am embarresed to say that i have gotten a screwdriver stuck in my steerer tube hahahahalol

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
i was peddeling down the road as fast as i could when my stem got loose and my handle bars slid to one side. i went over the handle bars face first into the pavement and was knocked out for 4mins. i woke up to the head lights of my dads car cause my buddy went to my house to get him. my entire face was road rash and i had to get a bar put on the inside of my teeth to hold them in my mouth. always check your bike over before you ride and wear a helmet. it would have helped me and i wont make that mistake again

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
banshee55 wrote:
i was peddeling down the road as fast as i could when my stem got loose an my handle bars slid to one side. i went over the handle bars face first into the pavement and was knocked out for 4mins. i woke up to the head lights of my dads car cause my buddy went to my house to get him. my entire face was road rash and i had to get a bar put on the inside of my teeth to hold them in my mouth. always check your bike over before you ride and wear a helmet. it would have helped me and i wont make that mistake again

ouch ouch ouch

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
it didnt hurt until the shock wore off lol

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
i jus clapped a nohander off of like a 18 ft gap in front of these hot girls and landed it fine but went to turn when i was almost stopped and fell right over haha

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
lol yeah that would suck at least no hot girls saw me bail

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
When i was about 5 I fell into an empty swimming pool and my bike landed on my head... I still have the scar

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
trying to manual down that rock face on joyride

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
went of drop with out checking out landing i poped both my tires on broken glass...

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 22:39 Quote
oh yea one time me and my friend got his old crap(like the $100 you can get at sport check) bikes and took them of a jump we put at end of a dock...and i forgot to wrap a life jacket to one of the one i was useing and lost it in the lake

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
Views: 28,048    Faves: 391    Comments: 120

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027348
Mobile Version of Website