Powered by Outside

The MTB Quick Question Thread!!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread!!!
Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
does anyone know what tool i need to take off my rotors? allen key doens't work, the screw looks like a star...

Their Torx bolts, usually when you buy a drill the bit come with all the stars, phillips(flat), robertsons(square) and stuff like that

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:
does anyone know what tool i need to take off my rotors? allen key doens't work, the screw looks like a star...

Their Torx bolts, usually when you buy a drill the bit come with all the stars, phillips(flat), robertsons(square) and stuff like that

okay, shit, how am i gonna take it off? i dont have one!!! oh well, i'll just ask a neighbour. thx for ur help.

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:

okay, shit, how am i gonna take it off? i dont have one!!! oh well, i'll just ask a neighbour. thx for ur help.

no prob, their like super cheap at crappytire

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:
gibson243 wrote:

no prob, their like super cheap at crappytire

okay.. how do i actually take it off??

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
[Quote="markstoklosa"][Quote="gibson243"]
markstoklosa wrote:

okay.. how do i actually take it off??

all you gotta do its putthe bit into a screwdriver/drill, set it to reverse, and they should come out like regular screws. might be a little hard cause of the loctite but their not that bad

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
[Quote="gibson243"][Quote="markstoklosa"]
gibson243 wrote:

all you gotta do its putthe bit into a screwdriver/drill, set it to reverse, and they should come out like regular screws. might be a little hard cause of the loctite but their not that bad

the quick release hub is not in the way?

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
[Quote="markstoklosa"][Quote="gibson243"]
markstoklosa wrote:

the quick release hub is not in the way?

it shouldnt beEek ... take your wheel off and then you should be able to reach the torx bolts from the outside of the rotor
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/tapeworm/mikesfrontwheel.jpg

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 1:47 Quote
Can I Put longer travel on a 2006 Specialized Enduro FSR Elite?

Specialized Enduro CLICK

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 5:46 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Can I Put longer travel on a 2006 Specialized Enduro FSR Elite?

Specialized Enduro CLICK

look sweet with a 36 on there.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 5:52 Quote
Yeh so it will still ride okay with a longer travel fork like a 36 talas or a 36 van

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 6:03 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Yeh so it will still ride okay with a longer travel fork like a 36 talas or a 36 van

it will rake it out a bit but i have heard it improves the angles for when your going down.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
marquis wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:

it will rake it out a bit but i have heard it improves the angles for when your going down.

A Pike would be good too Smile

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:

or lyrik theres a lot to choose from.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
marquis wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
marquis wrote:

I thought pike coz it is 140 and the rest are about 160 or 180

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:

I thought pike coz it is 140 and the rest are about 160 or 180

160mm aint gonna make that much of a difference,however it all depends on your riding style,and what you want it for if your purely into all mountain xc then with some jumping then sure pike will be fine,if your hucking more regular with lots of dh then a slightly burlier fork is gonna be better.

but either lyrik or pike will be uber good for either choice you make.

one other thing to consider is that my totem with 180mm travel has less axle to crown height than my friends 150mm travel drop off 4.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016171
Mobile Version of Website