Powered by Outside

shimano deore help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
shimano deore help!
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
haha, i was at my friends today and his bikes in the shop so he rode his really old bike and much to our amusement, we found, in 2002, k-rads were available in a 20" wheelsize with red sidewalls

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
-Dandaman- wrote:
haha, i was at my friends today and his bikes in the shop so he rode his really old bike and much to our amusement, we found, in 2002, k-rads were available in a 20" wheelsize with red sidewalls

WHATTT

I NEED TO FIND THOSE FOR MY B-8!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
krazer wrote:
-Dandaman- wrote:

WHATTT

I NEED TO FIND THOSE FOR MY B-8!!!!!!
in size 20"? like on a bmx? i dont know where he got them, there oldish

i actually have to sign off for the night ive got school tommorow and we start at 7.30

also, do you have an xbox cuz ive played guitar hero with konashred21 and didn't know if we should make it a threesomelol

thanks for the revelvant info on this threadBeer Salute

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 6:31 Quote
I'll give you my Deore which is in good working order still. We just need to get together. How many speeds is it?

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
t3kman wrote:
I'll give you my Deore which is in good working order still. We just need to get together. How many speeds is it?
its eight

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
any derail would work.. you just need to know how to set it up!

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
i talked to my lbs this afternoon, they'll fix it for $20, sorry i couldn't get up some photos but my computer doesn't accept my camera recentlyConfused

thanks for the help again

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
-Dandaman- wrote:
t3kman wrote:
its eight
If you want it you can have it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
t3kman wrote:
-Dandaman- wrote:
t3kman wrote:
its eight
im getting it fixed thursday, ill just ride my little tiny tramp bike till then and bone up on my arial manouver anatomy

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
-Dandaman- wrote:
t3kman wrote:
-Dandaman- wrote:

its eight
im getting it fixed thursday, ill just ride my little tiny tramp bike till then and bone up on my arial manouver anatomy
Okay no worrys, I have a new derailler for my GT so I just wanted to get rid of it because I have a thing against changing parts unless they need replacing.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
t3kman wrote:
-Dandaman- wrote:
t3kman wrote:

Okay no worrys, I have a new derailler for my GT so I just wanted to get rid of it because I have a thing against changing parts unless they need replacing.
dude, i know exactly what you mean, they just build up and then you feel guilty and spoiled because kids in africa are starving and you dont want your veggies...

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
might be a tight link in the chain. just look at the derailleur while turning the cranks to see if it skips. I didn't read through the whole thread, so I don't know the full situation lol

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
drsouce169 wrote:
might be a tight link in the chain. just look at the derailleur while turning the cranks to see if it skips. I didn't read through the whole thread, so I don't know the full situation lol
you know what, its good you didn't read through the whole thread, because youll never get back that time in your life

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
hahaha, nice dan..

glad your getting it fixed!

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
-Dandaman- wrote:
i recently bought a bike with a deore and now its busted, it all in one peice and can be repaired but i dont know how. every four or five crankstrokes in every gear it does the whole shifting lag thing except im not shifting, please if anyone has encountered a similar problem what did you do to fix?
thanks

If you bent the hanger, put an allen key in the derailleur bolt and sight behind the jocket wheels as you make slight 'bends' to realign it. Deore stuff is fine. Hangers bend and break it makes no difference what's attached to it if it's damaged. Either replace the hanger or true up the jockey wheels to the cassette as best you can (or have it straigtened with the right tool at a shop - they may do it for next to nothing as it's dead easy).

Good luck.
A.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013197
Mobile Version of Website