Powered by Outside

2009 bike dislikes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2009 bike dislikes
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 2:03 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
well, i get it, but right now i have a 9mm rear hub, now if i snap my frame, i will also need a new hub, usually new spokes too, and so on, and thats money i dont have, so maybe slowly get rid of it, not just right away

most frames already have 10mm dropouts,and using a 9mm axle in a 10mm dropout is one of the reasons that people suffer from brake squeal and jumpy gears.

as the 9mm axle never ever seems to sit right in the dropouts,also i noticed aswell that smooth axles instead of the threaded ones that shimano offer also sit better in dropouts and dont damage your frame.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 7:43 Quote
Devinci's Wilson look bad. pretty much Norco's entire lineup looks ugly. pretty much every company has ruined nice bikes with crappy colors and over hydra foamed tubing. the colors of the bikes last year were weird, but they looked good and didn't push it too far. now they went to far with the tacky odd colors and messed up entire line-ups.

the 888's are by far the worst. they look plastic with that new Grey color. they either tried to copy fox with the Grey 40 or that new owner of Marzocchi screwed there line ups bad.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
All of them except for the p.2 cr-mo and the haro steel reverses

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
I agree that excessive hydroformed tubing is ruining frame styles, especially norco (the '09s are hideous).
I have to say though that the Santa Cruz v10s are still really nice looking imo

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
In general stock bikes never seem to have all adequate parts....you have to upgrade a million things.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
rollinwith26s wrote:
In general stock bikes never seem to have all adequate parts....you have to upgrade a million things.
It depends on how much you spend in the first place Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
rollinwith26s wrote:
It depends on how much you spend in the first place Rolleyes

There is atleast one thing even with the expensive bikes. Depends on what the one thing is though. If it is just something small like you don't like the chainguide and like everything else on the bike then big whooop. But if it is something like a fork those cost a bit to upgrade to something good.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
Katol wrote:
im dissapointed in rocky mountain, devinci and norco. they didnt reallu change much in their dj/street/park lineups. im sort of annoyed that RS made no changes to the argyles, except colors... else than that its gonna be a sick year!
Are you kidding me, rocky made the flow dj a chromo frame, can you please tell me how thats the same. As for the argyles, why change something that is working so well for them, look how long it took them to change the boxxer.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 2:41 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
well, i get it, but right now i have a 9mm rear hub, now if i snap my frame, i will also need a new hub, usually new spokes too, and so on, and thats money i dont have, so maybe slowly get rid of it, not just right away, unlike the 20mm hub, suddenly they stopped making 9mm dropout forks, now my fork is blown so i need a new hub as well as a new fork

I did the smart thing and got a da bomb headspin front hub beacase i have bloody crappy QR forks but when i buy 20mm forks i wont have to buy a new hub coz its inter changable QR to 20mm

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 3:26 Quote
well, i still have the stock one, i wont replace it until it stops rolling or until i get a pike

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
marquis wrote:
summit800 wrote:
im an old school fan of straight tubing, with nice welds. seing all these new frame and horrible colours makes me sick, the new norcos are the ugliest f*ckin bikes i have ever seen, aswell as the sx trail went from being one of the nicest looking slopestyle framesets to one that i would have concidered a womens sloped frame some 4 years ago. bikes just dont look nice to me anymore, aside from orange, and a couple more companies who have kept it real.
hydroformed tubes also look like shit, and learning in school right now that u can save weight and add strength, althought at the same time causes variable thicknes within the walls that can cause great points of stress and they look like shit.. in other words i love straight tubing, but thats jsut my opinion. aside from that suspension products are great aside from the 15mm axel , definitly going to be a useless and anoying thing. everything they make is going for the bling bling. treks done great, as far as norco, omfg wtf.

anyway no harshness to anyone this is just my judgment on things.
peace out guys.

see i was of the same thimking until i put a hydroformed bike next to regualr tube shaped bike,and regualr tubes look dated in comparison,and the 15mm is gonna be better than 9mm for sure.
hydroformed stuff is nice for tricks thou..I can pull cans easier on my norco six then my p.2.. But norcos new bikes sort of suck. Im highly disappointed in specialized and kona.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
i think the stinkys are better, especially the chainguide on the base model, its a good idea

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015804
Mobile Version of Website