Powered by Outside

Need some advice ladies... to a guy with a tempermental gf (that rides)

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Need some advice ladies... to a guy with a tempermental gf (that rides)
O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
uh oh. Someone's in trouble.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
buy the way sean this riding season it's on!You made me seem like i suck so bad but i'm competing in a O-cup race this year by the way maybe that will make you also see why i am so pissed he made this sound totally WRONG!

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
I'm sure he doesn't think you suck. I know the guys don't think I suck but I'm sure it's frustrating on them when they're waiting at the bottom of a hill for me to get down because I can't make it down as fast as them.
Don't judge your progression on someone else's opinion. If you can see improvement on yourself that's all that matters. Plus, I think we're our own worst critic so if you think you're improving that means you're definitely getting better.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
KRASHA wrote:
hey sean (sjones10) you bastard maybe you should respect your girlfriend's privacy and not post bull shit like this about her in the internet!Hey people want some advice If you actually love your mate don't talk about them on message boards like this especially insulting how they ride. If your that rude that you just can't help yourself be smart enough abouit it that they don't have their own account and are able to find this stuff! YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Seriously chill out. The poor guy is trying to get help! I freak out when I can’t do things too! It is nothing to be embarrassed about and it is nothing to get mad at him for. Personally I think that it is kinda sweet that he is trying to find a better way of helping you rather then just giving up on you. Maybe you are a really good rider and good for you that you don’t give up, but try and look at it from his perspective he tries to help and be nice and he gets bitched at. I’m not saying I don’t get frustrated and yell at my man. But hey give him a break.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
you guys are not getting my point writing stuff like this "P.S. She's hornier than i am, so my right hand is the one cryin for it! ha! " isn't i loving sweet act is it?

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
KRASHA wrote:
you guys are not getting my point writing stuff like this "P.S. She's hornier than i am, so my right hand is the one cryin for it! ha! " isn't i loving sweet act is it?

Yeah I'd be pissed about that too.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
KRASHA wrote:

I see, hey sorry about that, guess I should have read down a little further lol. I would totally be pissed too!

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
S1L3NTR4GE wrote:
dude just let her ride if she want your advice shell ask for it

The best advice I saw on here! Seriously, if she wants encouragement or advice she will ask. The last thing most of us ladies want to hear when we are already frustrated is our man telling us what (or what not) to do.

As an aside, you may want to consider riding with a girl that is a little more respectful and doesn't tell you to "f*ck off".

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
dkidd wrote:
you mean Palmela handerson, right?
And her friend Handgelica?
lol HaHa!! You just made my day!

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
I used to hate my boyfriend telling me how to do things so I started riding with a group of girls who learned by laughing at ourselves and encouraging each other. Now when I ride with my bf I'm the one telling him how to ride. Ride with some different people and each improve on your own terms.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
Ahem..... that was slightly hyperbolic.Smile

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 10:55 Quote
leisurelylovely wrote:
I used to hate my boyfriend telling me how to do things so I started riding with a group of girls who learned by laughing at ourselves and encouraging each other. Now when I ride with my bf I'm the one telling him how to ride. Ride with some different people and each improve on your own terms.

It's true. She pwns her man.

In other news, I gave up trying to get my gf to mtb. She hates it- she just falls off all the time and isn't interested in learning how not to- so now I let her road bike and I play on the rough stuff.

You can do too much stuff together anyway.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 23:59 Quote
clearly girls get stressed out alot more than guys when they cant do something... and we bottle it all up and push ourselves... but when you guys say "you can do it" or "come on" (which you think is supportive) lights our fuse u know... i dont know why, just trying to help you out. so maybe... just help her out in ways that it doesnt feel like she is being pushed. and make sure she understands u dont expect her to be a pro real quick... just tell her "as long as she's on a bike.. ur happy" Smile

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
My 2 cents.

Dont play the part of instructor when you ride. No one enjoys having a barking coach as a riding partner. If she cant keep up, then slow down a bit. If she cant do more technical stuff at the moment, just avoid it. Whatever you do, dont be an unsolicited unwanted coach. Be her friend. A companion. If she isnt quite at your level, then do your mondo rides alone or with male friends. I would think that riding together is about being together, not improving your skills.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 3:37 Quote
lol you all have valid ideas and opinions
but mines more valid

dump em

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020718
Mobile Version of Website